Advice on FT successor

Grretings BA fans, long time no post!

Ive finished setting up my new business and the kids are a bit older now, so Im finally getting back into 40k - Yay!

Anyway, ive not given up on my BloodHawks, and in the time since my last posts they have undergone a few changes, the biggest being the choice of parent chapter and livery/colours. The BloodHawks are savage and noble chapter and focus on fast armour and Assault troops to achieve missions.

Id like to dedicate them to the FleshTearers lineage, but cannot find info on any succesor chapers they have had, if anyone knows anythign can you pleaase post it here? Im aware of the Amit controversy, but woudl especially liek info on possible difference in red thirst/black rage rates between parent and child chapters and how closely teh =I= would watch a successor of such an infamous chapter.

They would follow the FT colour scheme, but use the Raptor shoulder pads and chpater badge in gray/white. Yellow would be used to pick out squad icons etc. Im not sure about exactly what to do with speciality designation (ie, yellow ASM helmets, blue devs etc.) Thoughts?

FT are second founding, I thought they may have been used at a point before there unique aspects became manifest. Novamarines are second founding too, and have alledgedly been used for successor chapters, so I was hoping it would work.

Can anyone help on this? Hope its nit just because Nova are UM seed.....

Successors can have successor chapters, The Astral Claws, which are obviously a successor chapter in their own right although from an unknown lineage, have their own successor the Tiger Claws.

That being said, I would say it all depends on Gene-Seed stability and obviously whether or not said successor chapter has a good track record with the Imperial authorities. But being the Imperium of man there are always opposite views and opinions about the more infamous chapters (necessary evil and all that).

You could even base you chapter off of the Flesh Tearers Gene-Seed but have them come from a founding which tried to eradicate the flaw (which may or may not have worked depending on how you want your chapter of course)

Id say go for it, its your DIY and your hobby :)

Even though the Flesh Tearers have a bad reputation now, they probably didn't always.

Maybe your chapter was made from the Flesh Tearers when everyone thought they were awesome. Maybe the FT's fall from grace has changed how your successor thinks of them?

And as far as I know, nothing has been written about successors of the FTs - it's a blank slate for you to write on!

Some lovely responses there guys :)

Combining what has been said so far, and not wanting to change the lore I have so far, the BH were commissioned early (before first incidents though after founding of cretacia) to protect imperial assets and mechanicum explorations in the area between EoT and Terra through rapid response and inspiring compliance through terror.

They know there parent chapter is FT and has a close relationship, while honouring there history they also pity them there horrendous causality through RedThirst/BlackRage, which the BH have managed to restrain through vigorous chapter cult. They try to protect civilians ad a way to keep thre gene flaw in check.

I'm getting a little close to fluff crimes I feel that it should be unuque and fun to write. Unless I've missed anything major, ill start rewriting the IA tomorrow!

Thanks again, and I'd appreciate anything else if value!

Archived