Well, we just lost traitor guard

daboarder

Thats right the allies matrix is in, and GW has stayed true to form and taken this opportunity to put another boot into chaos armies.

Chaos and AM are now come the apocalypse, Hope you guys hadn't invested in them

Wait, we're allies of convenience with Necrons, but not the AM? I mean, I guess it sort of makes sense since the AM got wrapped into the "Armies of the Imperium" and obviously we're never going to be allies with the Grey Knights, but still, that sucks. Actually, I won't lie. I only cared about the Imperial Knights.

So wait, how does the "Unbound" thing work with the Allies matrix? If I've heard correctly, doesn't it allow you to use whatever models are in your collection as a single army, regardless of Codex? Or is that misinformation?

GW...constantly making me sigh...and just wish for some sense.

FW's upcoming Vraks reset will again save the day.

Thank :cussing ANYONE for FW, because GW 'proper' is :cussing dumb.

I don't understand the Necrons thing either.  Then again, after the stupid C'tan retcon, I don't know or understand the Space Egyptians at all now.  However, with the Necron technology being counter-warp stuff...

I'm still dissapointed they didn't make a separate thing for the AM and Chaos.  Even more so now that they're still ignoring things like Genestealer Cults and we now have to wait on FW to do LatD, right in the middle of their Heresy hardon.

So wait, how does the "Unbound" thing work with the Allies matrix? If I've heard correctly, doesn't it allow you to use whatever models are in your collection as a single army, regardless of Codex? Or is that misinformation?

"Come the Apocalypse" armies can ally now, but have certain penalties.

Well, looks like I'll be using FW lists to ally my traitor guard then. However, they mostly fight as separate armies anyway, so no biggies. 

That said, I'm really not that concerned. I'm not a tourny player (and its no disrespect to those who are anyway), but for my games with my mates this'll probably be ignored. I see the allies matrix as a guideline as opposed to a hard rule. 

From the application that it was another tool useful for us in a codex rife with weak options, it is another disadvantage to those who don't use, don't have, or refuse to use FW

On the other hand, AM is a new update and not many people have gone out of their way to make the combined armies.  Still, even with unbound, taking away things isn't making options or making it fun for more people. 

It's indeed a shame...

...but on the other hand, maybe that means the IA13 rumours just got a bit more plausible? :)

I know, I know, I'm an incurable optimist...but I play Tzeentch, hope is what I got! :P

Don't forget that is from White Dwarf and full details will be out on Friday. So don't get disheartened. I'm sure options will be there. Even if it means using an Unbound list to create a list for fluff over cheese.

Archived