Dark Angels: 7th Edition Winners & Losers

Ultra Magnus

He makes your army have d6+3 warp charges from the get go which is overwhelming to a psykerless army, the possibility to deny enemy shenanigans on your units at 12" radius, and extra WS to units around him. Choose santic demonology and you put Ezekiel with Terminators and:

- Get banishment for free.

- WS5 terminators.

- 3 chances of gettinggate of infinity for DS twin linkined goodness

- 3 chances to get hammerhand: S6 ezekiel, s10 termies and s6 termie sgt with powersword!

-3 chances to get sanctuary. 2++ or 4++ termies!

or

3 chances to get cleansing flame. use gate of infinity, get within 9" for cleansing flame, finishe with twinlinked stoem bolters and AC/HF.

Or go for divination:

get prescience for free!

- foreboding makes assaulting those termies a challenge.

- forewarning gives termies a 4++

-perfect timing gives ignore cover to termies. smile.png

- precognition is not bad per se

-misfortune is awonderful curse

.scrier's gaze isn't bad as well.

Sure a regular librarian can do some of that... but Zeke is a cool guy and buys drink after work.

The big one is Gate of Infinity. Re-deep striking with Belial and 10 termies is very cool. Maybe not 'game breaking' but still... pin point deep strike + all the re-rolls and double shots... sweet.

Not sure on Ezekiel over a Termie Psyker though... even with the drinks after work. ;)

Some of these lists at 2K with like 20 models... ouch. I just find it's too much to come back against horde armies. We'll probably see less of Nids, but way more Daemons, and soon Orks. (I see enough of those guys anyway.)

I think another winner in this edition are Company Vets.  They were seldom seen in lists and on the table (aka never) because terminators usually occupy this slot or take the points away from them in the budget.  But the fact that they too can now score, and can come extremely customized, they may have more value than they did in previous GW lists.  For their cost you can get 20 of them with plasma weapons and combis for the price of terminators (my Azrael/Vet drop pod list just got better!)

The Landspeeder Vengeance continues to be a big loser.  With the change to jink, this thing is either shooting or being shot at.  If LOS blocking terrain is limited, leave it in your bag (if you even have one!)

1. Hmm, its late so forgive me, but where was the note that we have to leave 50% of reserves, was it in our book or rulebook, because I can't find it in new book(I have just started reading it), so... we can do a whole army reserve Deepstrike first turn.

2. I cannot find informations about our fortress, does that mean i cannot bring it anymore? Or should I buy that hmm.. stronghold assault?

yeah no reserves limit, but you will lose if at the end of a game turn you have no units on the board. 

The fortress of redemption and all the rest of the fortifications are now only in stronghold assault. Interestingly, the skyshield landing pad has no AV, and isn't counted as a building. which to be honest is pretty silly.

Considering the FAQs that are up since Yesterday i would say that the winner is DW and the loser is RW and overall the DA codex is slightly better than in 6th...

But i am pretty sure that the FAQs Will be reworked in the next weeks cause there IS still no FAQ section just amendments and errata...

Considering the FAQs that are up since Yesterday i would say that the winner is DW and the loser is RW and overall the DA codex is slightly better than in 6th...

But i am pretty sure that the FAQs Will be reworked in the next weeks cause there IS still no FAQ section just amendments and errata...

I think that's just the new way of GW to present them on their new website. There won't be FAQ section anymore. Now the erratas are a section of the BL site as the GW website is clearly an "online store"... No more a hobby website with a store section.

His Book of Salvation also appears to now contain spells for summoning demons

Missed this earlier, but what does the Book of Salvation have to do with Ezekiel having access to Daemonology?

I think that's just the new way of GW to present them on their new website. There won't be FAQ section anymore. Now the erratas are a section of the BL site as the GW website is clearly an "online store"... No more a hobby website with a store section.

Disagree with that. Some of the FAQs had actual FAQs in it - I'm think it was Chaos that I noticed had them.

What I meant did not concern the Content of the Erratas but their localization and the name of the section.

Sheol seemed to mean that this releas was an emergency one, not made in the right section of the website, and that, when GW will build a nice FAQ section on their new website, they will profit from this occasion to update the erratas with new FAQs.

But I can mistake in the interpretation. What lead me to this interpretation is actually YOUR point. There are FAQ sections for other codexes, so I can't imagine that MSheol talked about the PDF content itself.

Of course not, it never was and never will be until a new codex is released. The FAQ and Errata's are designed to be updated fairly regularly (whether or not they are is another matter entirely)

As far as changes go, the changes to jink are good vs other skimmer/bike lists, but a bummer for RW. And especially fragile landspeeders.

My main bummer with FAQ are:

- speed: it usually takes them forever to clarify very common place situations/wargear...which in the end demotivates sustained playing

- forethought: in Christmas I was abroad in Edinburg and I usually try to get some model or book or something as a souvenir. I bought Stronghold Assault (and Pandorax) and 6 months later, stuff in a 30ish € book is out of date.

I understand new edition and whatnot...but it still is a pain.

You can argue that it happens in other sectors, but right now I can't of anyone that puts out stuff knowing than it a few months it will be outdated, hard to use (carrying codex+FAQ+rulebook+FAQ+stronghold assault+FAQ+...you get the idea).

Cars let you know there are new models in store. Same with phones (you might not know the exact date, but you have a general sense).

** sigh **

End rant (regarding GW's way of handling FAQs, not the actual content)

Stronghold is not outdated...

In the BRB there are just the rules for fortifications but the datasheets for the various models and formations of models, all the options and all the siege missions are only in stronghold so you need it to play the fortifications...

So since the FAQ did the favour of the Nephilim waiver? It was in the 'winner' category before the FAQ.

The PFG, I have this gut feeling it's getting nerfed again and it's just an oversight.  I see this one piece of wargear truly the one thing that is quite useful and is actually a 'unique' item to DA. I'd hate to lose that.

I'm still not sure on Ezekiel simply because I don't play Greenwing hardly at all... I guess he fits kind of anywhere, but I have trouble seeing him in my Ravenwing or Deathwing.

I guess I should test my Ravenwing as well before officially putting that list to bed.

Finally, I'm still not sold on these scoring landraider lists as they are still so bloody small for what exists in 7th edition codexes... too risky if you ask me.

Changes in 7th edition did that I might drop the Dark Shroud of my: to buy list but I am still going to get 2nd box of Black Knights. I just have to figure out best way to use them. It will be fun. Other than that, I'll see when I get my own book, how to adjust my Dark Angels.

Changes in 7th edition did that I might drop the Dark Shroud of my: to buy list but I am still going to get 2nd box of Black Knights. I just have to figure out best way to use them. It will be fun. Other than that, I'll see when I get my own book, how to adjust my Dark Angels.

Well my argument for keeping the darkshroud is this: In most cases it was 80 points for a model that essentially moves and turboboosts every turn to gain a 2+ cover save.  With the current jink, we don't have to turbo boost and get to fire snapshots from the heavy bolter, which was more than we were doing before.  Sure they're snap shots, but at least it's not truly doing nothing other than standing there rolling saves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since I play a few armies I'm checking out other FAQ's and I think Divination is still somewhat unique to us...

I've heard that even though the cards say Chaos and Marines can take it, their FAQ's are stating they can't inherently take it (IE: Chaos CAN have divination but only through the Crimson Slaughter relic (which I use) and Marines CAN have divination but through Tigerius)

Someone correct me here if I'm off base, but in a very backhanded sort of way, this is a plus for us if true. (talk about reveling in the misery of others. lol)

Stronghold is not outdated...

In the BRB there are just the rules for fortifications but the datasheets for the various models and formations of models, all the options and all the siege missions are only in stronghold so you need it to play the fortifications...

Is the book I bought 6 months ago stand-alone legal or do I need (at least) the just released FAQ?

And it was just and example, but you can apply it to any other pulbication that has hit the street this year...off the top of my head I'm thinking the new IG codex, its expansion (the assault guys), the Imperial Knights...and probably some other thing.

I know I might get across as naïve or ranty, but really...just don't throw out new stuff that you KNOW is going no to be up to date in a few weeks/months.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since I play a few armies I'm checking out other FAQ's and I think Divination is still somewhat unique to us...

I've heard that even though the cards say Chaos and Marines can take it, their FAQ's are stating they can't inherently take it (IE: Chaos CAN have divination but only through the Crimson Slaughter relic (which I use) and Marines CAN have divination but through Tigerius)

Someone correct me here if I'm off base, but in a very backhanded sort of way, this is a plus for us if true. (talk about reveling in the misery of others. lol)

I think what is causing the problem is the Quick Reference Chart in the Psyker Cards.  I've combed through the rulebook and have found no such chart (maybe I'll try again later?) that corroborates the same thing.  The picture that surfaced a few days before the release must have been from the same one.  I'll admit I was annoyed to see C:SM getting Divination all of a sudden and made the mistake of thinking that they did.  However none of the updated FAQs have amended anything in the Codices other than the addition of Daemonology.  So I think the reason that we see C:SM with Divination and C:CSM via Crimson Slaughter is a catch-all because Tigirius can take it, and Crimson Slaugher can with wargear. In the end I wouldn't consider a quick reference card to be as ironclad as a codex.

Our village fool I mean champion is even worse now. Till now we could use him as a victim for the opponents hero, leaving our champion to die miserably, but now additional wounds go further so I don't know what role he may have now.

Our village fool I mean champion is even worse now. Till now we could use him as a victim for the opponents hero, leaving our champion to die miserably, but now additional wounds go further so I don't know what role he may have now.

In addiction as a character he loses the Precision shots/strikes...

In addiction as a character he loses the Precision shots/strikes...

I'm going to paint pink helmet on my champion I think.

Isn't that rude somehow ohmy.png

He can't be more humiliated already. He is a wuss that can't properly swing a sword, fancy but still just a sword and he always hit last with it. For some reason he is also wearing that little buckler, "for protection" his mother said to him and he is wearing it since he was 5y old.

I think that he didn't pass all tests and enhancements, but they keep him for gag.

Just saw that the language for scouting units charging in the first turn changed.  Previously, the rules said that as long as you didn't go first you COULD charge on the first turn.  As RW, scouting ahead 12 behind LOS and then moving another 12 on your first turn and charging at the end of turn 1 was pretty big.  At best you're not charging until turn 2 :(

Archived