New CSM faq/errata

hopkins

To a point.  It's the most stable route in and out, but it also prevents warp creep.  Taking out the Cadian Pylons will theoretically allow the Eye to expand, more Warpstorms in that sector to spontaneously appear, more worlds to be devoured into the eye. 

As it stands there is already a new backdoor into the eye, to say taking out Cadia will trap us in incorrect.  It might become more difficult to navigate out, but you can still manage to leave.  For Abbadon he will just abandon those not loyal to him anyway, but whether he wants to or not is a matter for a different topic. 

What sucks imo is that the codex powers didn't get buffed when the rest of the disciplines did.

I would like to point out that BAs and SWs had their butchered rather brutaly.

Well, yeah. I do wolves too, I'm aware. It's a minor complaint by comparison, but that's not going to stop me complaining about it. Not being able to put a MoN on my sorc without giving up focus and losing a biomancy roll to risk getting stuck with weapon virus is incredibly irritating, even if it isn't quite the same as having my rune priest lose access to all his codex powers.

Was destroying the Cadian pylons a goal for Chaos? They seem to be the only reason the Cadian Gate exists. Nuke them and getting in and out of the EoT just gets that much more difficult.

I remember a piece of fluff, probably in a WD, that Abaddon definitely didn't want to destroy the pylons. 

He wants to rule the galaxy, and if the pylons are destroyed, the eye would expand and overtake the physical realm, and the gods would be in charge.

Abaddon wants to keep their influence just to the eye. Once Abaddon + traitor marines leave the EoT, they no longer care about safe travel to and from it, as they will inherit the physical realm.

Was destroying the Cadian pylons a goal for Chaos? They seem to be the only reason the Cadian Gate exists. Nuke them and getting in and out of the EoT just gets that much more difficult.

I remember a piece of fluff, probably in a WD, that Abaddon definitely didn't want to destroy the pylons. 

He wants to rule the galaxy, and if the pylons are destroyed, the eye would expand and overtake the physical realm, and the gods would be in charge.

Abaddon wants to keep their influence just to the eye. Once Abaddon + traitor marines leave the EoT, they no longer care about safe travel to and from it, as they will inherit the physical realm.

Furthermore, if the pylons are destroyed then the cadian gate is closed and the eye of terror has no stable and consistent exit. Which is what abbadon wants

I personally thought the Eye being a door half open theory was stupid before the Eye campaign. The Cadian gate is the most stable, but there have been other ways out. They might not be safer (gate route isn't) but it's easier to manage an army coming and going, and suddenly destabilizing it could potentially just piss off a wrong set of Demons, or former Marine allies.

Archived