Black knights or Ravenwing bikes/speeder/attack bike

ZONKEY

Good afternoon battle brothers,

I was wondering am i better off purchasing a ravenwing battle force so i have 6 bikes (one melta and one plasma) a multi melta attack bike and a land speeder (heavy bolter and assault cannon) or am i better off purchasing 2 boxes of ravenwing black kights (two grenade launchers)  as i will be facing tank heavy armies and a mix of 3 and 4 plus saves, i always outflank with dark vengance bikes as they can deliver more damage more quickly

The Battleforce is a GREAT value for what it is if you want bikes either in store, or if you get it on ebay (you can find it much cheaper).  You end up with tons of bits, the only thing it lacks are special weapons.

RWBKs are a good box also, you end up with lots of bits and very DA looking bikes.  Quite honestly you're best off picking up both!

Now Sven...   What if you only have money for either or?...

Well you are spoilt for choice...  I personally would go for the RWAS for the meltas, (apparently you will have to come up with melta guns for the squad yourself).  I also wouldnt be afraid to make the speeder as a Typhoon with a ML and a MM...

My reasoning is that vehicles are harder to take down now in 7th and the melta give you +2 to your vehicle damage table rolls.  Worst case if your opponent doenst do tanks then you can use all that melta on your enemies foot.

Now if you are looking to take down a high armor save army (termies, oblits Tau.) then I would take the AP2 of the Knights...

What I would do is buy the battleforce .  You can convert Black knights out of normal bikers.  And it's relatively easy to do.   The value of the bigger box is much much greater

+1 Garath

Launcher:pick up a grenade launcher from the IG bits (surely your friends can spare 1 or 2)

Plasma talons: easy to convert with plasma pistols (easy to get the bits, specially from a SW friend)

Battle force all the way...and DV bits from ebay or splitting the box with a chaos buddy

Fair enough! If I had to choose between the two, yes I'd easily buy the battleforce and just proxy the BKs (I've done it before).  I've never had to buy a landspeeder box simply because of the battleforce.

my main reason is for the outflanking tank popping abilities and the speeder to squish some things

Well with the new codex, you can park a cheap HB/HB speeder in cover on an objective and rack up the points (in new missions)

Melta on your bikes, plasma on your black knights.

I'd take two five man command squads before taking fast attack black knight squads though. The additional FnP from the apothecary can be helpful for keeping them alive and why use slots if you don't need to?

Archived