Death Company and Transports: Objective Secured

Kais89

Dedicated transports now assume the type of slot they are purchased for, therefore possibly becoming troops.

My question is, although Death.Company can not score ever, the transport does not have Black Rage meaning it can score and obtain objective secured correct?

Im thinking Land Raider spam with Astorath might be a thing for us considering DC are only 60pts. A small tax to pay for an incredibly sturdy scoring unit.

Agreed :)

Same goes for death dread too. Oh, happy days!

Can see land raiders selling like hot cakes on ebay soon...personally for 1850 two phobos / godhammer, one each of crusader and redeemer, two vindicators plus a baal or unit of sniper scouts..hmm spam spam spam

If you want a mass of troops Land Raiders why not just take assault marines with land raiders since 5 assault marines with land raider is only 5 points more than 3 DC with Land Raider.  Plus no need to take AStorath.

If we ally a DA 4++ raider, will it effect us too?

And can we still DS our raiders?

Sadly no, they will only apply to units chosen from Codex: Dark Angels. This would have been pretty rad though.

So DC don't count for Linebreaker, but their Pod does.

Seems legit.

So, easy VP everybody, just fire an empty Pod into your enemies DZ. War!

I just bought 3 drop pods so that I can claim 2 objectives in turn #1 and then drop the 3rd in the enemies deployment zone.  We'll see how that works, but I'm anticipating some fun.

Drop pods are easy

dont bother with the troop holders and console in the middle

waste of time

Yup, I found this out the hard way after building 3, and realizing I use them mainly for dreads... Wheres the dread going to go!?

I have 3 fully painted, 2 assembled, and 1 in box...  I'll tell yah, they are my least favorite model to paint, but look great when done if time is taken to make them not look just 1 or 2 colors.  I paint hazard stripes on the inside of the doors so that when they drop, the model looks a million times better.

Drop pods are easy

dont bother with the troop holders and console in the middle

waste of time

Don't be a quitter! Make sure things fit, shave off a bit on the base plate if the doors won't close. Use gel-type super glue when doing the final assembly and it's not that bad.

I found a spare bit of sponge from my gaming case to be the quickest way to get a good nice weathered and scratched look, using small amounts of boltgun metal over raised edges takes about a minute and looks great. Can always go back and apply oil and soil later when there's plenty of time.

Archived