Terminator Librarian - Colours

I actually was painting before a Liby in TA and I was thinking of painting him blue with the tunic green or bone with the tunic and the shoulder pad in blue.

Finally, I started painting him blue...I think in bone looks good, but he dont looks differently of the squad of terminators he would join, so it looks like another terminator or just the Sgt...

I actually was painting before a Liby in TA and I was thinking of painting him blue with the tunic green or bone with the tunic and the shoulder pad in blue.

Finally, I started painting him blue...I think in bone looks good, but he dont looks differently of the squad of terminators he would join, so it looks like another terminator or just the Sgt...

My dude, being a recent transfer from Baal, is already painted blue and has bone tabards, so I was hoping that green shoulder pads would tie him in with everything and spare me stripping him and re-painting.

Also, it would appear that I'm fluff-correct also.

Picts or it didnt happen!

the one in the store is painted as DA...   Never noticed that.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marine-Librarian-in-Terminator-Armour

Hmm. 

My shoulder-pads would be swapped, the Crux Terminatus pad would be green and the other one blue. 

I doubt it matters. 

Hopefully I can paint my Belial and Terminator Squad today and complete my ETL Vow, then DA-ify Libby.

Mine is in standard librarian blue, robe is the same as Veterans (bone) with a green shoulderpad on the right (barely noticeable under the book), and bone on the crux terminatus shoulder pad.  Then I've also done Bone on the right kneepad.  All of the purity seals are done in DA green.

Mine's in progress, but he's going to be almost like Sven, only with one knee in green with a small DA chapter symbol on it, and the purity seals may or may not be the same color.

Pics? 

I'm a stickler for fluff, however, and since Libbys aren't members of the Deathwing (though they can still DWA, go figure), I think I'm just going to stick to bone on the tabards. 

This also means less re-painting. I cannot stress to you enough how lazy I am when it comes to painting. I've had my DA for over a year. None are painted. Six are primed.

Mine I think is relatively fluff-centric. I also forgot that I put the top of a Vet backpack upgrade ornament on the top.  I do all the inside of my surplices of Inner Circle members in that purplish color, it's screamer pick darkened down with reikland fleshshade:

10303460_10100913636067896_5708071482925

I did mine bone, mainly for sentimental reasons. Deathwing librarians used to be in bone armour and there was a librarian in the original Deathwing story, so my terminator librarian is painted bone white in his honour. I'll see if I can get a picture at some point, if you like.

actually all DA librarians are nominal members of the deathwing. they have the inner circle rule and as such have been promoted to the deathwing. they are however part of a diferent department. much like company masters.

i paint mine blue armor with green shoulder. yellow tabbards for power armor, white for TDA

Well, I didn't finish my ETL Vow, but I did at least start work on finishing the Libby off.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb368/res_ipsa1/Mobile%20Uploads/20140528_190615_zpsodki0sil.jpg

As I said, I'm a lazy painter and so 90% of all painting I do is drybrushing.

Archived