What do i paint Next?

AngryCanadian

Greetings Brothers,

in the past month I think I have painted quite a bit

15 man Death Company

12 Scout Snipers -(10 sniper, sarge and ML)

Landraider Crusader

Furioso Libby

Chaplain

3 las/plas razors and magnitized standard back pack for my assault marines (to swap from jump packs)

Right now I'm painting assault terminators, a TDA libby and TDA Captain. Hoping to have them finished for next weds night (my lgs game night)

However I'm not sure what I should paint after this

the three units I'm really looking at are 

Vanguard Veterans- I' d probably do 7-10 with 5-6 melta bombs in the squad

Sternguard- i thinking 8-men here with 4 combi-melta (to fit in pod with Corbulo and another hq)

Honour Guard- 4 plasma and at least 2-4 flamers as well

the problem is that I feel that the

VV are going to lose the heroic intervention (although they could still be used after as a standard assault squad with gold helmets)

and I'm uncertain if we are going to keep the honour guard and the ability to use the load out I described, with them being painted all gold they may or may not have a use when a new codex drops

I was hoping for anyone else's thoughts or opinions before I go crazy arguing with myself in an endless circle

Sternguard are probably the more useful and flexible choice game-wise, but I have a soft spot for jump troops so would say go with the Vanguard.

We need recruits for the ETL so whatever you decide make sure you sign up for that! You've got until the 1st of August to finish whatever you pledge, but you've only got a couple more days to make a vow.

thanks for the comments, i'd have to agree really with all of them

I think the  sternguard will be next

I play with models i like to paint.
I dont care what they do so much.
Just try different things.

I hear what your saying and agree somewhat, my issue would be that i painted a unit using all my nicer BA bits and then a few months later the rules have changed and they cant be used anymore

Sternguard are probably the safest bet, unless they get removed from us in the new dex for some strange reason

Archived