Tycho army

Nova_chron

I'll be honest, I was never that impressed with Tycho in either his rules or his model. But his fluff wasn't too shabby. I'll say that given his combi-bolter, for a Tycho army go nuts with Sternguard. I use them with my Fists and I swear by my sternguard, so...same must apply for BA.

I dont think Tycho's rules are bad. He ignores armor at initiative which is quite rare, specially for loyalist marine armies...

Sure he doesent get an extra attack from a pistol or whatnot but who cares? You got flipping Tycho on the field! Time to open up a can of whoop ass devil.gif

sternguard pod is nice wih tycho, put a priest in with him for fnp or drop 2-3 pods turn one. 2 sternguard with tycho in one, corbs i n with the second sternguard squad(position corbs to fnp tychos squad as well) and death company in the third with bolters (and PW of choice is pretty nice.thats 30 fnp troops in their backfield, a nice hammer to an anvil of your choosing.

I dont think Tycho's rules are bad. He ignores armor at initiative which is quite rare, specially for loyalist marine armies...

Sure he doesent get an extra attack from a pistol or whatnot but who cares? You got flipping Tycho on the field! Time to open up a can of whoop ass devil.gif

Does your opponent get an invulnerable save in response to Tycho's initiative close combat attacks?

Does your opponent get an invulnerable save in response to Tycho's initiative close combat attacks?

He retains his invulnerable saves, but does not 'get' an invulnerable save in response..

To be honest I only had him with 10 sternguard with combi flamers (fighting Orks) but was slightly underwhelmed even with Hatred etc. 

It was a mega battle so I also ran Lemartes. That guy kicks some serious ass, 9 strength 7 AP4 attacks on the charge! rerolling to hit and to wound! That was an awful lot of dead orkses

So my results today. Tycho and friends killed an exocrine a carnifex and a mawloc an locked up a hive tyrant and tyrant guard for 3 turns, their ride shot a flyrant out I the sky and abused some gaunts... I was very pleased

I won the game 12vp to 4vp in maelstrom of war missions

So my results today. Tycho and friends killed an exocrine a carnifex and a mawloc an locked up a hive tyrant and tyrant guard for 3 turns, their ride shot a flyrant out I the sky and abused some gaunts... I was very pleased

You did the sons of Sanguinius proud mate! thumbsup.gif and your now, but wait until thos gaunts file in a restraining order and then see if your still happy tongue.png

Now if only you would be so kind as to tell us who his 'friends' were and what they were armed with..

I run a Tycho with a DIY model and I'll be honest I'm not too sure. It's probably got more to do with my play style than the rules for the man himself but his damage output never seems to live up to the points he costs.

I think I shall swap him out for Seth, who suits my 'hit like a freight train' strategy :)

PMed you there Electric.

I have been looking at building a Tycho who I feel is more in line with the knights of blood how I see them... Less pretty boy and more of a taciturn veteran, probably use the beardy face of the sternguard kit. He is definitely not good in a hyper aggressive list but his block of veterans and lead 10 army wide was a lot for my opponent to handle.

Archived