Challenges question

Riggs

So lets say I have a sarg with a storm shield challenging another char with a power weapon. For argument sake he takes 4 Ap3 wounds. Does he roll all 4 of his inv at once and the left overs spill over, or does he roll one save at a time till he fails then the rest spill?

I realize that, but thats still how we play it. And it COULD make a difference but noone has ever been bothered enough about it to do it the "one dice at a time" way.

It bogs the game down and were casual enough that noone cares.

I realize that, but thats still how we play it. And it COULD make a difference but noone has ever been bothered enough about it to do it the "one dice at a time" way.

It bogs the game down and were casual enough that noone cares.

That was fine in 6th edition, because all those wounds were directed at him so all that mattered were his saves.  In 7th, extra wounds from a challenge spill over into the squad now, so you have to do it one at a time.  And actually it can be in your best interest to do it one at a time.  He might make 2 saves, then fall to the 3rd wound and there would only be 1 wound left to spill over to the squad.  Whereas if you roll them all at the same time all you would see is 1 successful save and 3 unsuccessful, meaning there would be 2 wounds left to spill over.

I only played 1 game of 7th so far, and there noone really cared. We had some spectators and non of those overly cared either. Fact that I rolled succesfull FnP saves against a power weapon (dident even have a invunerable save) might have had something to do with that though mellow.png

It's very important to do them one at a time, if character and squad have different saves! Imagine a character with a 2+ armor save in a squad with 6+ armor saves. Makes quite the difference whether the character fails his first or tenth save :)

Archived