Techmarine and PFG

Brother Bahram

Hi, Brothers.

I'm working on a 2000 point list and have a question.

Techmarine, IC and 5 DWT in a LRC deploys at the start of game.
If I drive forward and embark, can only the IC and DWT disembark and the Techie remains embarked?
(maybe a silly question but I must be sure)

Yes but the PFG only works on the occupants

As a heavy PFG addict (due to the spammy nature of my gaming group with ignores cover) I've got mine on bikes

There has been some debate coz they've not put the FAQ part onto the errata but by all accounts the digital editions (Ibook synced versions) state only affects those embarked in vehicles.

There has been some debate coz they've not put the FAQ part onto the errata but by all accounts the digital editions (Ibook synced versions) state only affects those embarked in vehicles.

I think they did that because being in a building counts as a vehicle, we need a new FAQ so it spells it out to make it clear.

Nope : the codex states the techmarine may choose wargear only in the chapter relic section. (Paper versin not digital)

This was a typo corrected in the v6 FAQ.

This correction doesn't appear in the v7 one, there's just the mention "add bolter to his wargear".

In the same way, the DW vehicle option in the LR Crusader entry has not been corrected as well. No the wording seems to imply that only the dedicated transport may take this option.

Nope : the codex states the techmarine may choose wargear only in the chapter relic section. (Paper versin not digital)

This was a typo corrected in the v6 FAQ.

This correction doesn't appear in the v7 one, there's just the mention "add bolter to his wargear".

In the same way, the DW vehicle option in the LR Crusader entry has not been corrected as well. No the wording seems to imply that only the dedicated transport may take this option.

O damn furious.gif

Well, seems that the best way to use the PFG (paper or digital codex) is a Librarian on bike.

My digital copy says special issue wargear 

"May take items from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons
and/ or Special Issue Wargear sections of the wargear list"

EndQoute

Why would he get stuff from the Chapter Relics section? if it says that somewhere its gotta be a Typo

My paper copy says the same. The PFG is on Special issue wargear so,no problems.

Strange.... It was a typo corrected by the FAQ. I remember lots of topic 2 years ago about this topic.

Is your copy a recent one?

And what about the LR's DW vehicle option?

Yeah so that's a totally different wording from mine : it implies that ONLY the dedicated transport may have the option.

In my codex (French) this is written that a LR may have the option. And the termi entries state that the dedicated MUST have the option.

My digital copy says special issue wargear

"May take items from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons

and/ or Special Issue Wargear sections of the wargear list"

EndQoute

Why would he get stuff from the Chapter Relics section? if it says that somewhere its gotta be a Typo

as does my paper copy

Concerning the Tech : my bad guys, it was actually a translation typo :

I was actually the one asking the question :blush:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/269433-techmarine-language-typo-or-general-rule/?fromsearch=1

About the DW vehicle option : I'm actually doubtful... The wording is totally different and on 2 different pages...

Archived