Remembering the 13th Crusade: The End of Time

Prot

First of all hugs all around for the trip down to memory lane (by the Gods it has been 11 years) ... My Relictors were there.

I was also one of the advocates, "why the story does not advance" with a "for what did we fight for attitude"... but after reading every single HH book and listening to every HH Audio drama I am positive that you can have "advance" without the actual time advance. If the HH series is not proof for that I sincerely do not know what is...

The thing is, that Abaddon has become the bringer of the end... He is the ultimate evil guy if he wins it is game over, he does not feel, at least to me and at least at the moment, as strong as Horus to stop Chaos from devouring everything after the Destuction of the Imperium...

So IMHO the only way to actually "advance" the story line is by building Abaddon's character. Build him up to such a point where he becomes the "heir apparent" like Horus. The evil guy we love to hate and not an Archaon 40k equivalent.

Thank the obsidian path there is real talent in BL (and by BL I mean the Library not the Legion), one of whom also happens to be one of us.

Finally people should not forget that in 40k we are playing in an rpg setting where the DM is GW staff...If the DM does not think that the time should advance, it should not ... and to be honest there is no need to. There are still infinite adventures and twists to be explored anyway smile.png

First of all hugs all around for the trip down to memory lane (by the Gods it has been 11 years) ... My Relictors were there.

I was also one of the advocates, "why the story does not advance" with a "for what did we fight for attitude"... but after reading every single HH book and listening to every HH Audio drama I am positive that you can have "advance" without the actual time advance. If the HH series is not proof for that I sincerely do not know what is...

The thing is, that Abaddon has become the bringer of the end... He is the ultimate evil guy if he wins it is game over, he does not feel, at least to me and at least at the moment, as strong as Horus to stop Chaos from devouring everything after the Destuction of the Imperium...

So IMHO the only way to actually "advance" the story line is by building Abaddon's character. Build him up to such a point where he becomes the "heir apparent" like Horus. The evil guy we love to hate and not an Archaon 40k equivalent.

Thank the obsidian path there is real talent in BL (and by BL I mean the Library not the Legion), one of whom also happens to be one of us.

Finally people should not forget that in 40k we are playing in an rpg setting where the DM is GW staff...If the DM does not think that the time should advance, it should not ... and to be honest there is no need to. There are still infinite adventures and twists to be explored anyway smile.png

I think Archaon should take over the Fantasy world, and then travel through the warp to 40Kville... Then the Chaos 40K will finally have a leader I can get behind... Also Archaon is taller than Abaddon in terminator armour...

I took part in exactly one battle of the campaign. I was a poor kid who was just getting into the hobby at the time. I got £10 a month pocket money, and that was it. This meant I had to save up for two months just to buy the codex. The EoT campaign came around and I took part in a team battle at our store. I fielded a grand total of one Black Legion Chaos Lord, one Spawn of Chaos, and two squads of Black Legion Chaos Marines. I remember the marines were annihilated to a man within two turns. My Spawn never managed to actually do anything, and everyone kept running away from the Chaos Lord because he could kill pretty much anything. In the end, I had to go home before the game was over because it was taking ages. Some little rich kid down the other end brought a load of FW stuff and was basically holding the line for the Imperials.

But yeah, I was excited for it, and I reeeeally wanted to be involved, but any plastic kit took more than a month to save up for, so I didn't get anywhere near another battle. I read all the fluff and such, and I was depressed that GW didn't roll with the results, and instead wimped out, but whatevs.

Kind of used to GW being a huge bag of censored.gif now.

Archived