New codex psycic power?

Klazien

I've been thinking about what psychic powers I would like to see in the next BA codex seeing as we lost ours. This is assuming that we have one in the new dex. If we don't get one... well let's don't go there. So my thoughts.

Primaris - 1WC Sanguinius Sword - psyker has +2 STR, Smash and instant death.

1WC - Shield of Sanguinius - target unit within 12in gains shroud and stealth.

1WC - Forsight of the Angel - target unit within 12in gains +1 INT and +1 WS.

1(3)WC - Wings of Sanguinius - psyker (target unit within 12in) counts as jump infantry. And can run in the shooting phase and still assault.

2WC - Blood lance - 18in beam with lance and ignores cover STR8 AP 1.

2WC - Unleash the rage - psyker and unit gain rampage, counter assault and Fleet.

3Wc - Sacrifice of the Angel - psyker is reduced to 0 W or HP gains +3 WS, STR, INT, and A. has preferred enemy, armor bane, flesh bane, rage and instant death. Counts as having rolled 12 for next assault phase . Remove at end of player turn. This may award opponent VP.

This is just my thoughts (maybe a little wish listing) on what I would like to see but if anyone has any other ideas we can see where this goes. Thanks

(Also cant wait to see what the orks get in there upcoming dex should be a good preview for 7th Dex.)

I suspect that we'll see a streamlining of powers towards the rulebook where possible - all loyalist factions I imagine will have to pick from the 'core' powers. I wouldn't be surprised if Mephiston got Wings as his own personal power that he knows, but otherwise I think we're just going to get to use the rulebook ones from here on out.

I kinda had the same feeling that the rulebook powers would be the new trend. But looking at orks they can only use demonology. That doesn't feel like that fit the trend. Will see soon I guess. But im going to keep my hopes up. Anyway I hope the new dex will bring some more use to the libarian dreadnoughs the book powers just don't look like as fun as our old ones (Except pyromancy) :(

Not to be a debby downer but I doubt we are going to get anything new aside from maybe one of our special characters (mephiston). DA have no special powers aside from Ezekiel so I wouldn't set my hearts on it. Space wolves lost all their powers so I would say its going to be a "thing."

Then again, those were 6th edition codexes. We shall see with the Ork codex how they handle psychic powers.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived