First Games of 7th

Solrac

Hey guys,

Went down to my local Good Games last night and played my first two games of 7th! Quite enjoyed both of them :)

We played 1000pts and this is the list I had:

Belial

+ Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

5 Command Squad Terminators

+ Standard of Fortitude

+ Plasma Cannon

5 Deathwing Terminators

+ Cyclone Missile Launcher

5 Deathwing Terminators

+ Cyclone Missile Launcher

Game 1:

The first game I played another Deathwing player but he brought Belial with SS, 2x Deathwing Squads, a Las Pred and 2 Landspeeder Typhoons with Meltas.

We played the standard missions and randomly rolled and got the Scouring with Dawn of War deployment and my opponent went first. He deployed normally first turn while I opted to Deathwing Assault all my terminators and did so on my first turn.

I ended up with First Blood, Slay the Warlord and the extra point for The Hunt with my Belial Slaying his in CC. He ended up with 1 point from Slay the Warlord. I had 3 terminators left at the end whilst he had 1 terminator and a speeder.

The standard definitely paid for itself making three of my Feel No Pains. My opponent had a lot of unlucky 1 rolls against storm bolter fire in the first and second turns but he managed to obliterate my Belial with Lascannon fire from the Pred after Belial failed to charge the Pred with a snake eyes for his charge.

All in all was a fun game and never played Deathwing vs Deathwing before.

Game 2:

I played my same list against a Raven guard army with a Stock Librarian Lvl2, 2 10 man tac squads in pods, 5 sterguard w/ 2 plasmas and combi meltas in a pod, 10 sniper scouts with ML and a Dakka Dread.

We rolled and got Purge the Alien with Dawn of War Deployment.

My opponent was a friend of mine so the game basically consisted of us taking the piss out of each other and me reminding him to not forget his psychic phase.

I ended up winning 7 to 0 with First Blood, Slay the Warlord, The Hunt and wiping out the Dread, tac squads and the sternguard squad. I made 5 feel no pain Saves, two of them against plasmas before he finally poured all his fire power into the command squad and killing the banner, The highlight of the game was on turn 2 when I charged Belial and Command Sqaud into the tac squad and his librarian and pummled it into the ground with 19 str 8 ap 2 attacks as he failed to take out any of them before I struck at initiative 1.

He did manage to get my command squad and another termie squad to 1 model each but failed to finish them as he kept whiffing with his sternguard.

Im really liking 7th especially with vehicles as the krak missiles in both games not doing much against the pred in the first game or the dread in the second (had to finish them both with power fists).

Congrats. Sounds like fun. Glad your DW put up such a good show. Plonking just 16 models on the table as your 'army' is always an eyebrow raiser.

~ I

Nice couple of victories there. I'm surprised at the number of DA players in your area. I have only played one game against another DA player in the past 10 years!

Archived