Necron CCB

Crazy Jay

I actually play Necrons, and have used the CCB in 7th.

The funny thing is the Destroyer Lord is probably better bang for the buck, because it's cheaper, can hide in a unit, and confer Preferred Enemy onto its unit (usually Wraiths).

My advice would be to pour firepower into the unit because in close combat it is a beast. It's forte is survivability because the owning player gets to delegate shooting wounds to either the Lord or the Barge. It will most likely also feature a 3+ invulnerable and Mind Shackle Scarabs and a Scythe. 

So I'd stay away from it in close combat unless you can simply tarpit it.... if you have to go toe to toe with it, probably good old Hammer/Shield guys or Deathwing Knights as a second option.

In close combat you can dictate where the wounds are allocated (the rider or the ride). 

*Note: the way I play a command barge is it cannot join a unit. Some people are claiming RAW allows it to join (non-vehicle) squads.

*Note 2: Mind Shackle Scarabs did get an indirect minor nerf. Since you keep your models where they were during a challenge now, targeting a challenged character for Mind Shackle is nearly impossible since you are still in close combat with some of the other squad members and Mind Shackle is random. 

Archived