Reclusiarch/Initiative question

Sans Mercy

I've had the Reclusiam Command squad for some time now and I want to model the Rec/Chaplain with a powerfist and mandatory Crozius, and my inquiry is this: Will all of his attacks come out at I1, or with the Crozius attacks come out on 4 and the powerfist on 1?

Regardless of the answer I'll probably go through with it. I'm gonna slap an SG pauldron on him and DC bits too. I hope to send him out on a Stormraven with ten DC as a Reclusiarch.

I love the idea of choice in CC, but rarely do I have the points for that power fist. ( and no model with one ) I do however feel like that would be a nasty hammer unit, but I like my reclusiarch hitting at I5 to much to give it up. Perhaps give one or two DC a fist/hammer instead you would still be hitting on 3s but would be at S10 (unless furious charge is given to him by the unit? Do not have rules in front of me currently) just my two cents.

That is the best 1000 pt unit in the game, but watch out, everything in the world will be shooting at it. Personally I've moved on to Lemartes as he is mental and doesn't take an HQ slot, but if you are playing games big enough to use this amazing beast of a unit then go ahead (Lemartes is still amazing - use him to take a wound a look out sir all the rest and BAM!)

Would be better to stick a hammer or fist on one of the DC, better to have something still hitting at I5 and that way the reclusiarch won't lose his extra attack from 2 cc weapons.

DC with fist strikes at S9 on the charge, as the fist doubles your base strength before FC bonus is added. Still awesome, though personally I prefer a thunder hammer, there is no greater leveller versus high-initiative MCs and makes all the difference just for 5 points. I always take one - there's some big and nasty things out there :D

Thanks for the feedback. My DC are nearly modeled with one thunder hammer and two power axes, no jump packs. Perhaps in the future I'll model 10 more DC with magnetized jump packs/back packs. Of course we all hope they make DC sauce cheaper in the upcoming codex.

I believe I will drop the PF from the ol'Chap. Just wanted extra can-opening abilities but with the axes, thunder hammer, and re-rolls I think the DC can do the job.

Lemartes doesn't even have to lose a wound FNP counts as an unsaved wound so he goes nuts at full health

Sadly not in this edition anymore:

"Roll a D6 each time an unsaved Wound is suffered. On a 4 or less, you must take the

Wound as normal. On a 5+, the unsaved Wound is discounted – treat it as having been
saved."

Archived