The Last Memory and Pyromancy

Clone

If I give a psyker the last memory of yuwhatywhat Relic from the black Legion supplement and roll on the pyromancy discipline could I:

1) use Fiery Form to get rerolls to wound when using the upgraded sunburst power from the Last Memory

2) gain sunburst twice through the last memory and rolling for it on the pyromancy table.

I would say

1) No, since the multiple charge level sunburst granted by the Last Memory doesn't come from the pyromancy discipline but from the artefact itself

2) Yes, because they're different powers from different sources

But it's very much open to argument

I would say

1) No, since the multiple charge level sunburst granted by the Last Memory doesn't come from the pyromancy discipline but from the artefact itself

2) Yes, because they're different powers from different sources

But it's very much open to argument

OK, I can see that.

The wording of Fiery Form does say it applies to powers selected from pyromancy so I RAW it wouldn't apply to the last memory.

It also lost quite a bit of its appeal since you lose psychic focus if you use the Last Memory (since it's not a Pyromancy power, not does it belong to any other dicipline). Though being lvl 4 still makes you good at denying enemy psykers and you still get one more warp charge.

Hmm... I see this totally differently. In the hard cover BL supplement it says specifically that the psyker knows the sunburst power from the pyromancy discipline. So you could not have 2 sunbursts on the same psyker- and YES, fiery form would allow re-rolls to wound.

It also lost quite a bit of its appeal since you lose psychic focus if you use the Last Memory (since it's not a Pyromancy power, not does it belong to any other dicipline). Though being lvl 4 still makes you good at denying enemy psykers and you still get one more warp charge.

You actually won't loose your Psychic Focus if you have a Chaos Mark however, so a Tzeentch sorcerer with Last Memory and one or two powers from the Lore of Tzeentch (mediocre, but still better then Pyromancy), then powers from whichever school you favor most, could still be a force to be reckoned with on the tabletop.

Even better, same setup as above, but take Mark of Slaanesh, since the Slaaneshi powers are the best lore available in the CSM codex.

In the hard cover BL supplement it says specifically that the psyker knows the sunburst power from the pyromancy discipline.

I just double-checked my kindle and you're absolutely right, it does say that.

Fiery form is on, then, and so is pyromancy focus.

In the hard cover BL supplement it says specifically that the psyker knows the sunburst power from the pyromancy discipline.

My updated ipad BL supplement just says he knows the "sunburst power below", doesn't say from Pyromancy, and this sunburst still has the Blind special rule, the Pyromancy one doesn't have it any more IIRC.

Unless of course the psyker has a mark. Not that it's much consequence as the primaris for pyromancy is a heavy flamer so it's not too great anyway.

If the last memory makes it so that the psyker knows sunburst surely that means if you roll and get sunburst when selecting your powers, you will have to reroll as you can't know the same power twice.

Archived