So... The dreaded Knight Titan...

A buddy of mine recently got his Knight asembled and pained, and was eager to try it out. I only have 1,000 points worth of troops so far, but I said sure, could be fun! I didn't alter my list in any way, thought I had a decently army, and...

... The knight fell. In round two. Glory to Chaos! Obliterators ftw! Slaanesh blessed me with very good penetration rolls and the beast staggered to it's death. The rest of his army was swiftly cut down by Noise Marines while my Lord managed to get himself cut in two by a Heavy Bolter in the same round the Knight fell...

It was a fun game and the Knight didn't feel OP in any way - with the small point value of the game and my army being based upon MSU there simply wasn't anything for him to kill that helped the knight win its points back.

Of course, with the dice Gods being as fickle as they are, I might get totally smashed if we run the same lists and the same mission next time...

Oh, and my standard list consists of the following:

Chaos lord

- mark of slaanesh, lightning claw, relic flamer, melta bomb, bike, 4++

Noise marines x5

- 3x noise blasters, blastmaster

Noise marines x5

- 3x noise blasters, blastmaster

Noise marines x6

- extra CCW x5, doom siren, melta bomb, Rhino

Helbrute

- multimelta, heavy flamer

Chaos bikes x4

2x melta guns, melta bomb

Obliterator

- mark of Nurgle

Obliterator

- mark of Nurgle

In a way, I think I was lucky facing it at such low point level - there wasn't enough models on the board for its explosion to reach anyone in that area! And also, all my units were small and cheap, so it had nothing really worth shooting at :-)

Them oblits needs their walks, so they don't grow slow and... Wait, they already are, never mind :)

• 3 weeks later...
I've had a knight one shot my forgefiend in the first turn of the game (using the s8 ap3 gun not the s9 one), but besides that I've never had a problem dealing with them. Unless you have a big unit for then to go after or let your vehicles get to close, you can avoid it until you have a chance to shoot it down so I have no issue with opponents using them in small games.

I've had a knight one shot my forgefiend in the first turn of the game (using the s8 ap3 gun not the s9 one), but besides that I've never had a problem dealing with them. Unless you have a big unit for then to go after or let your vehicles get to close, you can avoid it until you have a chance to shoot it down so I have no issue with opponents using them in small games.

Just wondering but how? They need a 7 on the table to destroy in one shot. And AP3 gives you no bonus. Ordinance just lets you roll two dice and pick the highest.

Just wondering but how? They need a 7 on the table to destroy in one shot. And AP3 gives you no bonus. Ordinance just lets you roll two dice and pick the highest.

It probably happened in 6th edition.

Archived