fighting 7th edition eldar

Spaniard

Hello brothers,

So I played my first 7th match last night and it was against eldar with dark eldar allies. Now I don't remember this being discussed so far so I'm just wondering how does anyone deal with that much firepower in the new edition. I ran raven wing heavy with a imperial knight.the imperial knight was the last thing to die. I want to go more toward greenwing and deathwing armies, any suggestions since eldar is the favorite army in my area.

Eldar codex got the extreme power creep in the aftermath of the tau edition with an few things I'm sure the designer never intended but just fell out the cookie jar

Eldar are still super friends so combining dark your gonna get some broken death star combo's due to it being a pre 6th codex

Only way your gonna deal with stuff like they can lay down is to be as mobile as possible otherwise you'll never catch them

Move shoot move to hide at least their tanks will have to snapfire if they jinx and their psyker spam is toned down but to be honest your going to struggle to get terminator units to shoot with their main gun 24 range and 6 movement

Borrow a copy of the eldar codex and go through it so you understand their units as much as your own

Honestly ?  I'm afraid ...with our codex alone...there's no real counter to the eldar/d.eldar combo .  

We have zero units that ignore cover and can kill their transports, no real anti MC firepower , no good target saturation ...

There is only one solution - not very cheap...ally with IG 

I've had some good games with a Ravenwing force with Deathwing Knights against them it depends on what they bring really if someone is maxing out on cheese they tend to have a load of wave serpents or take the Dark Eldar Beast Pack

Its a bit like dealing with Flyers you can cope to a certain extent but if there running  say 4 Wave Serpents you just can't deal with them and the other Eldar units at the same time your just overloaded.

One thing to note though is with the Psychic phase reducing the amount you cast and not being able to cast the same spell twice from the same unit is going to break up/ reduce there effectiveness. Every game I've played against them there guiding this dooming that and armor stripping something else and on that topic all the maledictions/whitchfires generally need a roll to hit and are limited to 24" mmm scrap the distance thing just remembered there allowed to move 3/4 times jump through the warp vector dance during their turn.

Convince them to play unbound and take a Lord of war. Specifically a warhound titan, it's str d guns are about the only hard counter to eldar shenanigans.

Wave serpents shield and all the stacking of magic in the world won't save you from a warhound titans doomcannons

It is in my humble opinion that their codex is downright broken, it's overpowered and it was intentional. They did it because they knew nobody would buy the wraithknight is good quantities and so instead they made it so broken that eldar players would go out and buy large quantities of cheaper units like wave serpents, jetbikes, and dire avengers.

I believe that the changes in 7th are not enough and that a codex nerf is required to kill them, but they won't do that. Their too busy milking eldar players for all sorts a moneh. And our only hard counter is to buy forgeworld superheavies, good thing their table legal now.

What was their list exactly? Not that it really matters.  Combined with DE sounds like Baron/Seerjetbike crap.  I still bothers me that DE and Eldar are Battle Brothers.  I feel like GW was obligated to ignore all their fluff (which describes a very tense relationship) because they share the word "Eldar".

All I can think of is that with a Knight in your list I would think that letting him go in first and beating everything up is ideal while everyone else stays a healthy distance away from whatever can kill your troops the most.

To be fair, Valedor shows them working together for a common goal, and there are Eldar that move between Craftworlds and Comorragh during their lives. To be true to fluff, you should really throw a Harlequin or two in, but they're not as divided as most believe. At the end of the day, they're both Eldar when another race threatens them. I mean, torturing Craftworld Eldar is about the one taboo that even exists in Comorragh.

I'm not to familiar with the the eldar codex, but he had a couple of tanks that had a gun that had 60 inch range to tall guys that only my knight felt with and a lot of smaller tanks with dudes inside shooting a lot. Sorry its the only decritipion the vechiles I can muster right now.

Archived