can a power field generator protect skimmers?

ZONKEY

Yes but the Vengeance is on a par with normal land speeders for survive-ability and its even worse to jinx your now restricted to snap shots coupled with a gun that has bad range so your into the 24" corridor of death and your looking at a bit of a white elephant.

Nice looking model though, put mine together as a Dark Shroud and magnetized it for the Vengeance, in 6 months I've never fielded it mostly due to its frail nature but also we play with a decent amount of terrain so 4+ cover with go to ground is fairly standard on our battlefields and I've got 2 Vindicators for the heavy work, they've got 3 hull points with front armor 13 for a start.   

By the way I'd add that TAU pulse rifle spam will rip it to shreds never mind all the interceptor ignores cover shenanigins they put out. With marker light support you could have 12 S5 shots raining down on you hitting on 2's glancing on 5's at 30".

.... It can.

One question: Why don't you take a Land Raider instead?

- it is almost the toughest thing in the game now (after Necron CCB and Grey knight LR under PFGbiggrin.png )

- it has solid firepower

- Tau cannot stop it unless they have melta (and for that they need to get close)

- it can deliver death...wing

Land Raiders are all situational for which is best.  Typically the Redeemer is overlooked as it needs to get really, really close, but the Crusader is best for carrying guys, and the Basic one is a good distance fighter.

It depends on your mission and playstyle bla bla bla...

Crusader.  Snapshots with hurricane bolters  have better odds of hitting something twin linked than a TLLC and the flaming LRR has to get too close to be able to use it's weapons..

Think 7th is the same...  6th is Battle speed: First shot at full BS.  POTMS gives you a second shot at full BS. Then the rest shoot snapshots.

And twin linked makes you re-roll those salvo shots...

PoTMS gives you one additional weapon at full ballistic skill.  Also, this weapon may be fired at a different target.  It does not HAVE to fire at a different target.  And, imagine placing the SoD inside said LRC...

This is the 6th ed wording, mind you.

Which land raider variant is best?

It depends.  

If you are looking for a fancy terminator ride- LRC, or Redeemer 

If you are looking for a tank to kill transports, fliers, MCs etc - Godhammer

I like Godhammer. Not only is that thing hard to take down, it has an edge over the other two - range .  I know it sounds irrelevant at first.  GH can be deployed deep in your field and stay out of range of most good AT weapons, like melta , or even eldar bright lances (up to a point) .

Unlike it's counterparts , GH can safely move 6" a turn, hugging terrain to stay out of LOS (find a big building) of the few weapons that can hurt it - and shoot both it's lascannons while doing it. 

Cool combo includes  a LR godhammer with a command squad inside with banner of fortitude , and a techmarine with PFG .   Backed up by a bunch of tacticals.

A 4++ land raider that can be repaired from the inside and provides FNP for every unit within 12"...  

Archived