Sons of Angelos - Blood Ravens Successors

Hey guys,

Thought I'd post up my small, side army I've been steadily collecting. They're the Sons of Angelos, a Blood Ravens successor chapter I made after I realised that the Blood Ravens colour scheme was a bit too close to the Blood Angels, and accidentally did it wrong anyway. Still waiting to order Transfers from Forge World for them at some point.

Here's the first Combat Squad:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20140418_23_02_45_Pro.jpg

I'll get more pics of the other units I have when I dig the models back out again. Currently it stands at ten Tac Marines, a Librarian and a Storm Talon. More of a collection of units I want to paint, that may or may not be allied into my Guard for giggles at some points.

Any Comments & Critiques welcome!

The Greenskin was spotted and removed immediately after that picture was taking, like, literally nanoseconds. It was brutal.

Here's some better shots with more of the guys in them:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/temporary-63.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/temporary-62.jpg

And a shot of the Storm Talon and Jumppack Librarian - please don't ask why - who are awaiting holy primer and paintjob:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/temporary-69.jpg

I did steal that pose off someone, not sure who! The dice was suggested by someone at the local store, and I thought it would be worth a smile or two.

Contrary to this, my initiation from Tau Plasma into Imperial Plasma via Guard went very well! They still all died, but only late game after the important targets were dead anyway! 

Pity that. I quite like their fluff, as well as their new Chapter Motto. These guys are a small side project, though, there's not much in the Space Marines range that grabs my attention. :/

My hatred stems from the fact they were created for the game and then shoehorned in everywhere else! I like Space Marines for their fluff but I wasn't sure I could bring myself to do more of them, which is why I went with the other loyalist choice of the Guard.

You do good work though, like both the plasma gun pose and the dice - even if initially they weren't your ideas they were executed well!

I may go back to painting these guys, as they were a fun change. However, I'm really feeling the Guard right now, and have plenty to be getting on with on that front!

I agree that Guard just seem cooler, but then I was the person playing Halo wanting to play as a Marine instead of the Chief. It would've made for a fun challenge at least!

Managed to get some time for these ol' Blood Ravens. Stormtalons are probably my favourite model in the Space Marine range, and the only model I really think looks excellent in it. It's that twin-engine VTOL design, loved it in Halo's Falcon, the gunships in Avatar and the Aerial H-Ks in Terminator. The fact it trades out weedy propellers for beefy jet engines only makes it cooler! (Also it has the profile of a stumpy, fat pigeon, which is kinda cute.)

Just posting some pics of the basic colour scheme before I go to sleep. The black spaces on the engines will be coloured bone like the rest of the chassis. There's a few bits where I've slipped here and there, I normally tidy these as I go into the highlight phase and other fine tuning. The Techmarine pilot will also get some TLC when most of the rest of the craft is done. 

Aiming to get this and my Librarian painted for a big game against a friend. He's going to field his entire Nid collection of 3.5K points, versus a desperate, temporary alliance of 2K Tau, 1K Guard, and 500pts Blood Ravens, lead by your's truly. SHould be fun, and lets me get an almost entirely painted force on the board between them!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived