Psykers & the Psychic phase in 7th

SnakeChisler

Just had my 1st few  battles with a double Psyker Biker list and it was interesting to say the least

A run down of my 1500 point list was

2 Psyker Bikers Level 2, 1 with PFG

Ravenwing command with all the toys

2 full raven wing squads with 2 melta MM attack Bikes 2 Typhoon LS

Whirlwind

Vindicator

Snipers * 2

A list basically that would have been unplayable in 6th due to the lack of scoring units and the fact I only had one Librarian on a Bike, with 7th I got the urge and kit bashed another

So what have we to look forward to well rolling for powers you end up getting 3 I chose Telepathy & Divination and was lucky on one to get invisibility 2 games running from telepathy and picked up misfortune in 1 game on the divination table.

For your 275 points investment you get 4 warp charge + D6 and invisibility really is as impressive as it looks on paper BUT I failed to cast anything else over 5 turns in the 2nd game just didn’t have the dice (+ a bit of bad luck) to get a 2 warp Charge powers off you need to be rolling 5 dice so 2 powers both with warp charge 2 your looking at rolling a 6 on your additional d6 roll, I also periled in both games as did my opponent though thankfully I didn’t blow myself up.

The question has to be for 1 power consistently is it worth it on that front I would say no but if you don’t have the 2  Psykers with your 4 dice your deny pool is next to non-existent and your gonna get hammered by any psychic attacks/buffs. If I hadn’t had the extra 4 dice I would have been whitchfired a couple of times and also managed to block a 2 warp charge power with 7 dice reduce that to 3 and your not going to deny aything .

Killing enemy Psykers really de-buffs them while buffing you, it’s a real game changer when their warp charge pool takes a nose dive and without the deny bubble buff as well your now in place to go on the offensive.

You can’t just take a Level 1 psyker anymore and expect to get re-rolls which is warp charge 2 and was my go to power as its now 1 + D6 so any roll below 4 is gonna stress your rolling powers

So for now I’m going to experiment with the other Psychic tables

One thing it does show up tho is if I take the Deathwing Knights then I’m gonna make room for the 10 point Watcher for the deny buff.

Archived