Advice for Battle tonight VS Eldar

Solrac

Hey Guys,

Got 40K again tonight at my local Good Games. We are playing a 1000pt league testing out the new rules, so far its been great smile.png

I run 1000pts of DW:

Belial

+ Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

5 Command Squad Terminators

+ Standard of Fortitude

+ Plasma Cannon

5 Deathwing Terminators

+ Cyclone Missile Launcher

5 Deathwing Terminators

+ Cyclone Missile Launcher

Theres not a lot you can do with Deathwing at such low points so I decided to work around the Standard of Fortitude. It worked quite well in the last 2 games I played. I am most likely playing against Eldar tonight and having never played against Eldar I thought I'd get your opinions. This is the Eldar Players list give or take a few upgrades:

Spiritseer 70pts

5 Wraithguard 210pts
+ D-Scythes (Template, S4, AP2, Assault 1, Distort)

5 Wraithguard 210pts
+ D-Scythes (Template, S4, AP2, Assault 1, Distort)

5 Wraithblades 160pts
+ Ghost Axe (S+2, AP2, Unweildy)
+ Forceshield (4+ Invulnerable)

Wraithknight 320pts
+ Suncannon (48", S6, AP2, Heavy 3, Blast)

+ Scattershield (5+ Invulnerable)
+ 2x Starcannon (36", S6, AP2, Heavy 2)

I plan to start Belial and the Command squad on the table and deep strike the other two termie units using his teleport homer and to give them twin linked. Apart from the Wraithknight its a short range list so I plan to stay as far away as possible until I whittle down his wall of death.

Should I concentrate killing the Wraithguard or the Wraithknight? The Wraithknight is the only thing that can catch me but I don't know his play style and I may not even kill it as its T8 makes krak missiles unreliable.

I can swap the PC and a CM for two ACs and hope for rends? Wraightguard are T6 so I doubt many will die to storm bolter fire.

With the amount of S6 AP2 he has hopefully the Standard will make its points back and some.

Thanks for the help guys!

That Wraithknight really has quite the anti-Deathwing load-out. Dont forget he can only fire two weapons with his Wraithknight (so that 2nd starcannon isn't really useful...). You could try to engage it in CC, and then fire at this wraithguards and stay out of range of his emperor-forsaken AP2 flamers...but still, as long as the Wraithknight is free, he'll unload those AP2 blasts on your squad, so if I was you I'd try to concentrate on that. A landraider would maybe help to bring your terminators in CC, but at 1k, fitting a LR might be difficult...!

Everything he has is a footslogger, and only the Wraithknight has any decent ranged weapons. I would simply deploy in cover and hammer the enemy from range, starting with the Wraithknight, and make sure that every Deathwing unit is within 12" of the Standard of Fortitude so as to get Feel No Pain.  Other than that, it depends on what obvjectives you have.   I wouldn't Deepstirke anything, as you really don't want to get clsoe to any of the enemy units, other than the Wraithknight which will likely get clobbered in one round of close combat by any of the Deathwing units.  And you want to be firing eveything asap, and have your units exactly where you want them.  Cyclones on the Writhknight, plasma cannon on whatever unit the Wraithseer joined.

Archived