Reptile was a hidden, unplayable enemy character in the first game. As he was a reskin/hyrbid of both Scorpion and Sub Zero, he could use an ice attack and a "grapple" attack, but when he became playable from MKII onwards, he developed his own abilities.

Ah thank you Jolemai. My mistake.

Either way is this change would be great for magna grappler option and I might have to actually go buy the kit now. I have been running an old metal furioso forever and I'm starting to think he needs a brother.

:D

Even better if the troops flee off the board from tank shock and you blow up the tank too!

My record so far with one first-turn fraggy dread strike: 1 x vindicator destroyed, 1 x dreadnought immobilised and weapon destroyed, 1 x rhino destroyed and 3 chaos marines killed. Thats effectively about 350 points worth...don't ya love it when they bunch together? :p

Drop behind tank and troops.

Drag tank through troops to make them bunch together.

Shoot frag cannon at tank, clipping some troops.

Melta tank.

You still have to cover as much as you can of your target with the template. Pulling off a tank shock first means drawing the vehicle closer to yourself, probably pushing any intervening model to the side. You'll end up with far less models to legally cover with the template compared to shooting the fragcannon first.

Drop behind tank and troops.

Drag tank through troops to make them bunch together.

Shoot frag cannon at tank, clipping some troops.

Melta tank.

You still have to cover as much as you can of your target with the template. Pulling off a tank shock first means drawing the vehicle closer to yourself, probably pushing any intervening model to the side. You'll end up with far less models to legally cover with the template compared to shooting the fragcannon first.

What happens if you deep strike so that the troops are between you and the tank, shoot the frag cannon through the troops at the tank (requires you be close enough to the tank), then shoot the magna grapple at the tank, then shoot the melta at the tank?  In this order of operations, would the frag cannon hit both the tank and the troops?

Archived