games with imperial armour

Pyro X

I've been looking around the rules and I havnt found it but are we allowed to take imperial armour in standard games or do we have have both sides agree to it still? I'm really wanting g to run mounted death wing with some contempter mortis dreads.

Depends on the book. In the last few books, there's usually a box out near the contents/introduction pages called something like "Using This Book" which explains what the different stamps (Apocalypse, Lord of War, Warhammer 40,000, etc.) mean, which will say something like:

As with other Forge World units these should be considered ‘official’, but as they may be unknown to your opponent, it’s best to make sure they are happy to play a game using Forge World models before you start.

The unit entries tell you which codexes can take which units, and which slot the unit occupies. None of them require you to be using an Unbound list.

Definitely legit, even to the extent that last year Warhammer World officially started allowing FW rules in tournaments. Even experimental rules which are literally one page PDFs on the FW website.

Now, please explain this "mounted Deathwing". That got my attention.

Using land raider cursaders (3) with assault termites inside and a dakka banner inside. Middle LRC having a PFG and just drive up field. Balael will be around with a squad also more than likely too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't FW say something about how they're working on updating the rules to 7th but had no timetable?  Not sure how, or even if that actually affects any units though as I don't have a copy of an IA on hand atm but it might be something to keep in mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't FW say something about how they're working on updating the rules to 7th but had no timetable?  Not sure how, or even if that actually affects any units though as I don't have a copy of an IA on hand atm but it might be something to keep in mind.

There are some issues, like if you don't want to snap fire at ground targets a contemptor mortis dreadnaught must move in the movement phase, or he get sky fire and interceptor which in 7th does not allow you to shoot ground targets at full ballistic skill anymore like it did in 6th.

Archived