Contemptor - worth taking?

Lanfear

Hello :)

i'm thinking about buying a Contemptor Dreadnought, at least i had this plan at the end of the 5th Edition. As i did not play more than 3 games in the 6th Edition, i wonder if the rules are good enough to field the model on the playground :)

So, what do you think?

Is the Contemptor Dreadnought good or bad, and if you field him, what would be your loadout? :)

The latest rules are found in the Imperial Armour - Apocalypse 2013 :)

Thanks,
Lanfear

Hello :)

i'm thinking about buying a Contemptor Dreadnought, at least i had this plan at the end of the 5th Edition. As i did not play more than 3 games in the 6th Edition, i wonder if the rules are good enough to field the model on the playground :)

So, what do you think?

Is the Contemptor Dreadnought good or bad, and if you field him, what would be your loadout? :)

The latest rules are found in the Imperial Armour - Apocalypse 2013 :)

Thanks,

Lanfear

So, I have also considered picking up a Contemptor, and sought out the help of others who had experience unleashing them on the battlefields of the 41st millennium. Most of what I was told is that they are very good, but over costed for what they do, especially since chaos doesn't have access to the Contemptor Mortis, which can take two Kheres Assault Cannons, and if stationary, can use the Skyfire rule.

In the end, I wasn't able to decide based on any kind of performance, and had go by my gut. Still debating whether to grab a Contemptor or a Decimator daemon engine, and sadly, both or rather low on my list of goodies right now. I say, if you love the model, grab it and use it. After all, if you played only competitive units, you wouldn't be a Chaos player now, would you?

With similar load-outs options:

Contemptor for Ranged (because it has a 4+ on Glancing), has higher BS, and is cheaper.

Decimator for CC because it can Deep Strike, has higher STR, has more ATKs, is harder to Stun / Immobilize and comes stock with Siege + HF.

With similar load-outs options:

Contemptor for Ranged (because it has a 4+ on Glancing), has higher BS, and is cheaper.

Decimator for CC because it can Deep Strike, has higher STR, has more ATKs, is harder to Stun / Immobilize and comes stock with Siege + HF.

That with two Kheres? That's what I'm looking at for delicious firepower.

Archived