Deathwing should be white!

FerociousBeast

I suggest you go back and read "Call of the Lion" from the HH Anthology Tales of Heresy..

Main characters are Terran Chapter master Astelan, a recurring character, remember him from Angels of Darkness? Chapter Commander Belath, a Calibanite.

Belath bears a heraldic symbol on his right shoulder of a quartered shield, white and blue, emblazoned with a sword held in the grip of a taloned foot. The order of the Ravenwing a Caliban rank badge instead of normal rank markings.and his armour was green below the symbol of the Dark Angels.

Why? Becaue "The glorious Lion El'Jonson has decreed that Calibanite warriors are to wear the green of our home worlds forsests' said Belath with no small hint of defiance. 'It is to act as a remebrance of te battles fought to tame Caliban under the leadership of the Lion'

It is also writen that Astelan was troubled that the Lion had not mixed the Terran veterans through te newer Calibanites.

Astelan, Luther and others were sent back to Caliban because they believeed that the Lionno longer trusted them and they wore the black because most of those were people the Lion did not kow well and did not trust in his crusade Read descent and fall of Angels to see this outlined. I believe that Cypher was sent back to monitor them to ensure the trainers and recruits remained pure. And tose recruits whoo left Caliban would have worn the Green.

Luther may hav turned the remaining recruits who may have worn black because thir instructors chose to, and the instructors were mainly Terran veterans and a few Calibanites.

LOL, trust me, I know the story. If I were you, I wouldn't rely too heavily on the words of a known liar and traitor (Astelan) as proof of what's going on. Your "proof" utilizing him as a source is less than credible.

The majority of the rebels at Caliban would have been Calibanite recruits. This is a fact. The majority of the Dark Angels as a Legion would have been Calibanites and it was Luther that "perfected" the shortened training cycle to pump out Marines trained on Caliban.

The armor of the Dark Angels was never fully green, as the passages you yourself pointed out state. They wore green pauldrons, not full suits of green. All DA were still almost fully black at the time of the Calibanite rebellion.

The battle lines for Luther's rebellion were hardly so black-and-white as Terran vs. Calibanite. One disloyal Terran (Astelan) doesn't make all the Terrans disloyal, just like the loyal Calibanites doesn't mean that there weren't some disloyal ones (Luther, possibly Zahariel, Nemiel disobeyed the Lion and argued with him - one potential indication of disloyalty, etc).

We have discussed this numerous times in this forum. Using the Search function should return several discussions on the Caliban rebellion, numbers of the Fallen, and similar things.

Ah, its fine & I apologise if I sounded a bit uppity.

I am new to this forum and just thought I would offer my view to Prot's question as to why the armour may have turned to green.

It wasn't to cause offence or controversy and I was pointing out my source for my information.

I will l;eave you all to your ruminations :)

They definitely turned the power armor green for Caliban, but it would have been after the battle at Caliban (in the Cypher data slate, I believe it was, it talked about how the loyalists on Caliban actually painted their armor green before the battle to show their different allegiance, rather than to Luther) for all the loyal Dark Angels that attacked Caliban, whether they were Terran or not.

No offense was given or taken, merely a difference in opinion based on varied evidence.

Archived