looking to get a nephilium should I use mega bolter or las c

ZONKEY

Magnetize.

But failing that, decide if you want it to be anti-heavyarmor (lascannon) or anti-rest (megabolter).

Personally I'd go for the latter, as the missiles are also S6 and the heavy bolters S5 so putting a S9 lascannon on it would be a tad schizophrenic.

Honestly, this is one case where you don't even need to use magnets. That thing fits in so snugly anyway.

can confirm. As I own a nephilim.

indeed. there is no need at all for magnets in this case

IMO, its a good aircraft, but its overcosted by about 40 points. I use 2 when I want to fly them, 1 with Las and 1 with MB and they do pretty well even against a stormwing (although against a stormwing you NEED reserves manipulation. If the Stormwing gets first shot on them they die but thats true of any air vs air battle.)

Personally if you are considering an anti-infantry flyer I would take the Dark Talon over the mega-bolter Nephilim. Depending on your army list, it's hurricane bolters can benefit from the Banner of Devastation and the Blind template has the potential to shut down an enemy unit which can then be over run by your assault and/or bike units. The only thing the mega-bolter gives you is range, given that the Dark Talon's effective range is 18". I prefer the lascannon Nephilim as it brings something unique to the table and is optimized for shutting down vehicles with its weapon destroyed to immobilized special rule.

Honestly, this is one case where you don't even need to use magnets. That thing fits in so snugly anyway.

can confirm. As I own a nephilim.

indeed. there is no need at all for magnets in this case

I also didn't need magnets. I built 2 and the LC for both fit very snuggly. The MB on the other had was just a little to loose for my tastes. I probably filed it down a little to smoothly. My solution was a long pin on the back of the MB for leverage against the inside of the fighter. Worked like a charm.

Archived