Chaos Kill team

Uprising

Well that depends I guess.  Are you wanting cult troops?  Are you wanting only Chaos Undivided?

I would think that, bering in mind I am not 100% on the killteam rules, for 200 points you could have a quite sexy loadout of Chosen.  This would be fluffy as well, since they would be the elite of the force and sent to take on such missions.

For the 200 points you could get 7 chosen with 2 melta guns

champ with LC and Bolter

All with VOLW

Gives you multiple attacks each, meltas for well melting, a Champ a LC and everyone has CSM stats with LD10

heck you could even toss a melta Bomb option on the champ and be at 200 exactly.

Of course the  you could also grab 7 PMs with dual meltas and have a solid core of T5 on the table

Or Tsons for the inv and champ that has some punch potential with Psychic powers.

I would do the Chosen purely for the fluff, conversion possibilities.

Kind of like the Force in Daemon World that the Wordbearers send out, sans the Oblit.

Gub

It's up to two troops, one elite and one fast attack. No vehicles with front+side+rear armor more than 33, no 2+ save, each model acts separately. There are special rules and mission specific rules.

Quite fun for campaign games, but I find that you need a lot of terrain.

I've had some success using havocs - two autocannons/heavy bolters, two melta guns, combi-melta, CCWs, VotLW, lightning claw and rhino, the rest 12 points go either to some rhino additional weapons or marks.

How do you take Havocs?

I've done ok with Plagues w/Plasma, Chosen w/Plasma, or Bikes w/Flamer+Melta, or Raptors w/Flamer+Melta.

These discussions pop up all the time, did you have a search?

What ruleset are you using?

Chosen squad. Champion with plasma gun to get as many boon rolls as possible (all models are characters, right?)

Plasma bike, melta bike.

How do you take Havocs?

I've done ok with Plagues w/Plasma, Chosen w/Plasma, or Bikes w/Flamer+Melta, or Raptors w/Flamer+Melta.

Haha, true, I guess It means I cheated last game biggrin.png

I've also tried 3 terminators and 20 cultists, and it didn't worked well - cultists were dying pretty fast and my terminators soon failed their break tests.

I would advise you to use the inofficial Kill Team rules from Heralds of Ruin.

Take a look here http://heralds-of-ruin.blogspot.de/p/kill-team-rules.html

Much more room for fluffy teams and fun conversion possibilites. I personally like Raptors and Chosen teams very much.

very nice stuff there.  Thanks for the link.

Gub

There is also a set of rules called Kill Zone (Google it). With that you don't have to take full units so it's great for modelling if you don't want to do a full army in the future.

There's also Forge World's Horus Heresy III - Strike Team rules that has RPG like building (army), resource management (armor, ammo, etc) and progression (characters), and it allows you to take individual models from a codex unit.

There's also Forge World's Horus Heresy III - Strike Team rules that has RPG like building (army), resource management (armor, ammo, etc) and progression (characters), and it allows you to take individual models from a codex unit.

Missed that. Need to go look again.

It's probably not the best Killteam, but it's quite fun running a team of armed to the teeth Chosen on a mission directly from Abaddon, with a lashed and bound chaos spawn to unleash for maximum disruption:

Chosen Champion: Bolt Pistol, combi-bolter, Power Weapon, Leader: 36

Chosen: Bolt Pistol, CCW, Autocannon, Master-crafted: 28

Chosen: Bolt Pistol, CCW, Flamer, Feel No Pain: 23

Chosen: Bolt Pistol, CCW, Meltagun, Infiltrate: 28

Chosen: Bolt Pistol, CCW, Combi-plasma: 28

Chosen: Bolt Pistol, CCW, Combi-bolter: 21

Chaos Spawn: Mark of Nurgle: 36

Ive had good luck with

5 bikes

mark of slaanesh

icon of excess (shrouded goes here)

melta

flamer

claw or powersword on champ

12 inch move, jink, FnP, init 5

Don't forget that they're not working as a unit in Killteam, so only the icon bearer is going to get FNP.

Archived