500pts aura_enchanted battle report, da vs eldar

aura_enchanted

Game mode: the relic* (stipulation is that you must can walk the objective to your table edge to win)

Deployment: vanguard strike (table corners)

Armies:

Da:

Warlord trait; the hunt

Libby level 2, pfg, digital weapons, shriek, hallucinations

Command squad: dakka banner, flamer, plasma gun, champion, apothecary

1x5 tacticals, plasma cannon

1x6 scouts, hb

Eldar:

Warlord trait: inspiring commander

Farseer: rubes of warding, singing spear, fortune, eldritch storm, doom.

1x10 banshees

1x5 rangers

1x10guardians, exarch

eldar turn 1:

dark angels fail to seize the initiative so eldar go first. they move up and the banshees with the farseer move up and get within arms reach of the relic. but score only a 1 inch roll on their run. their farseer attempt to cast doom on the scouts but he proceeds to peril!! he wastes his runes of warding in order to avoid any early game FB and/or slay the warlord. the rangers open up on the scouts and slay a single initiate after they whiffed their shots.

Dark Angels turn 1:

the command squad moves up to the left of the relic and the librarian and the tactical squads move up on the right. the scouts duck back into cover. in my magic phase my librarian attempts to cast hallucination onto the banshees but fails on four dice (snake eyes,2,5).the plasma cannon opens up and diverges to the right and kills two banshees. the farseer takes a single wound thansk to a failed LoS!. the command squad blasts the banshees from the other side with the flamer but only manage to kill a single banshee. the scouts and the tactical squads fire their boltguns but fails to land a single wound (that wasnt saves).

eldar turn 2:

eldar grab the relic and dig in. the guardians move over and are just in range to fire some of their guns. they kill the flamer brother. the banshees start to space out to try and throw off my cannons aim. his farseer conjures up the eldritch storm but perils a second time and rolls a 5 on the table stripping himself of a spell and dealing a wound. the dire avengers attempt to charge the command squad but fail their charge. in overwatch my plasma gun kills a single avenger.

Dark angels turn 2:

the tactical squad moves up and tries to blast more banshees. and kill two more, the scouts try and roll around some small los blocking terrain and get some shots off at the banshees, but fall one inch short from being in range. The command squad not to be out done by the avengers return fire slaying three more avengers before rushing into a charge losing no one in overwatch. A great melee ensues, the champion challenges the aspect shrine exarch to deadly combat and he accepts (the fool!). In the first bloody turn of combat two avengers are impailed on the pointy end of the standard bearers flag, only to lose the apothecary and and plasma veteran right back. However things take a turn for the worse for the eldar when the exarch rolls snake eyes on his attacks missing horribly. Only to be cleaved in half by a single blow of the champions mighty blade of caliban. The eldar shoe insane courage and do what they can to stop the space marines from stopping their mission.

Eldar turn 3: the banshees and farseer flee using their movement and run to make it for their table edge scoring 11 inches of travel in a single sitting. The rangers take aim once more and slay two more initiates. Forcing a morale check that they pass. The farseer elects to separate from the banshees and go it solo, casting fortune to help them on their way.

The dire avengers attempt to avenge their fallen exarch only to finally be put down by the chosen sons of the lions (FIRST BLOOD!). And then prepare to join in the chase of the remaining xenos filth!

Dark angels turn 3:

The tactical marines move up along with what is left of the scouts. The tacticals and scouts combine their firepower and attempt to take out the rangers but only manage a single kill thanks to them being firmly entrenched in a multi level structure on the tables edge. The librarian attempts to kill the farseer with his pistol in futility but fails. As a final act of desperation he charges the witch only to be wounded in overwatch. A melee duel for the ages ensues as the two exchange blows. The singing spear ultimately finds its mark and stabs the librarian, wounding him mortally. In a last desperate act of defiance, he raises his mighty force sword and lops the foul aliens head clean off (DOUBLE SLAY THE WARLORD!)

Eldar turn 4:

The banshees continue to flee, their remaining number score a 6 inch run and escape to their table edge with the relic securely in their hands.

ELDAR VICTORY:

Auto-win condition met

Da: kp 2, vp 4

Eldar: kp1, vp 1, auto win

Conclusion:

Eldar post battle " no price is too high to preserve the craft worlds... ". The avengers couldn't dig in and make their shots count, poor deployment ment they couldn't come to bear on time, and the exarch failing his attacks hurt badly. Rangers could of gotten into a better position but I doubt the outcome would have changed much. But today victory was mine!

Dark angels post battle: "the xenos May have triumphed but it has cost them dearly". The banner of devastation was a bit of a waste today. It led to the death of several banshees but terrain and los limited its effectiveness, the pfg was a life saver, shout outs go out to my company champion who went positively man mode on the avengers and made them pay for trying to kill his squad. Rest assured I will be back!

Archived