5000 Apoc - First Stab

CornishMike

Hi all,

I've been away from 40K for a number of years (was playing BA in 2001-03), took a loooooong break and returned at the start of this year... 

Our FLGS is running a player inspired/led/run Apocalypse tournament over the course of the year... It's invite only, super competitive, high entry fee, big prize support stuff, so I can't be turning up with 5K of rag tag stuff...

I have until Jan 1 2015 to write my list, and get it fully painted.  No swap outs, no changes... the list i submit on Dec 31 is my list for the year...

I started by looking through the Apoc formations, and found that with BA, once I picked the formations I liked, and added weapons and transports to taste, that was my 5K spent...  That worries me slightly, as it's fairly uncreative, but on the plus side, it is pretty darned fluffy and comes with some good bonuses...

I have written the following list...  I think I've forgotten a HQ in the Black Rage formation, but I have costed it in... I would appreciate any constructive criticism you guys have...

Formation 1 - Blood Angels 2nd Company

Captain

Chaplain (Power Armour)

6 x 10 Tactical Marines - All in Razorbacks, split 50/50 between tank kill capability and unit kill capability

2 x 10 Assault marines - 1 unit to kill tanks, 1 unit to kill troops

2 x Devastator Squads - 10 man, 4 special weapons (3 las, 2 missiles, 3 heavy bolters)

3 x Furioso Dreadnoughts

Formation 2 - Black Rage

Tycho

Lemartes

3 x 5 Death Company - Basic loadout, in drop pods

2 x DC Dreadnoughts - 2 x Blood Talons each, both in Pods

Formation 3 - Librarius

4 x Librarians ML2 in Termy Armour

Mephiston

OK...  Technical question about the Apoc SM Chapter formation...

The formation calls for a Command Squad.  There is no Command Squad (as far as I can see) in the BA Codex.

The Apoc book states that Tycho is a valid alternative to a Captain, and that all models must be from the same codex.  Therefore, I read this as "Blood Angels can take this formation".

The main thing the CS needs, is a Chapter Banner.  Seeing as both SGuard and HGuard can take a Chapter banner, does this mean I can use my Sanguinary guys in place of the Command Squad?

Archived