2 Missile limit (Stormraven)

GreyCrow

Hey guys !

I was very sure that in 6th edition that the Stormraven was only limited to shooting 2 Stormstrike Missiles per turn (see in the special weapon systems title in the Flyers section of 6th edition BRB).

In the 7th edition Rulebook, I can't seem to find that rule anymore anywhere... Has it been removed or has it been hidden somewhere ?

Because, that would be awesome if we were able to fire off all 4 Stormstrike missiles in a turn !

There's no limit on missiles per turn any more.

Remember though that a flyer can fire 4 weapons at full BS if zooming or 2 if hovering, the rest will be snap shots.

Since you have 2-4 other guns on a Stormraven, firing 4 missiles in a turn will result in a several weapons having to snap fire.

There's no limit on missiles per turn any more.

Remember though that a flyer can fire 4 weapons at full BS if zooming or 2 if hovering, the rest will be snap shots.

Since you have 2-4 other guns on a Stormraven, firing 4 missiles in a turn will result in a several weapons having to snap fire.

You may fire as many Missiles as you want, but remember than you can still only fire 4 weapons, so your others would have to Snap-Fire.

That's great news ! Been waiting for that a long time ! biggrin.png

Regarding the Hover mode, I can fire all of the weapons if I moved at combat speed (6"). That's because flyers on Hover mode are treated exactly as Fast Skimmers (and when at combat speed, Fast vehicles can fire all of their weapons !). So on the turn I disembark any unit inside it, that's going to hurt...

Damn, that's going to bring so much pain... I'm definitely not playing without it from now on...

Are you sure Fast Skimmers can fire all weapons if they move 6"? I don't remember that being the case, merely that they can move up to 12" and fire two weapons at full BS. Given that you don't need to move to get a Jink save, you could just drop into Hover, not move at all, and kill a single thing that displeases you very, very hard.

Also, Power of the Machine Spirit lets you fire an additional weapon, so you've actually got 5 there.

Great find on the POTMS ! Oh my god, this is wonderful, I'm planning to run one with Typhoon, Hurricane and Assault Cannon, so with the POTMS, that means that when zooming, I would be able to fire up the 4 Stormstrike Missiles + the Typhoon Missile Launcher for a total of 6 S8 missiles...

Yeah, it's not in the Skimmer section, but in the Fast section of the rulebook. A Fast Skimmer isn't a Fast Skimmer, it's a Skimmer vehicle and a Fast vehicle.

Archived