league finals 6tg ed

Pyro X

So I made it I to top four in our league with dark angels(I know hacks right?) Their will be ovesa star, scramer star, and some varerant of daemon (thinking big daemons maybe). Any thoughts of a list or units to have a fair shot? I was thinking of either full ravenwing with 2 imp knights because tau hate them but not sure how they did vs daemons.

O as a side notes, our shop didn't like d weapons so they have all d weapons count ad str 10 ap 2 do they get invul saves but its still str d when it blows up. Any thoughts?

So the last cast of the die in 6th !

There's a couple of rules that will help 1. The focus Fire rule & 2. The character precision shot rule in 6th all Sgts have precision shot as does the banner guy champion and HQ characters they also all have precision strike

I'd go with a bike list so you can scout Alpha strike if you get the opportunity (or they make a mistake) or you can hide for the whole game outflank and just pick off their troop units as and when the opportunity arises and with all your army scoring they'll never be able to match you on objectives

The hide and objective grab is a really boring strategy but it works both lists only pay lip service to troops and you'll not get a decent game against either if you try and take them on.

The screamer star stuff is obscene if he's doing it properly its 4 heralds with screamers with 2+ invulnerable re-rolling 1's you need to keep a handle on when he fails his Grimoire roll and maximize the opportunity if it does they normally try and hide for a turn but the list has Fateweaver in for a re-roll it can also do some form of vector strike (fly over & wound) but it can generally only kill 1 thing per turn but they are classed as jetbikes so their turbo is 24". Its not a Screamer star till they actually have a turn so it can be vulnerable if you get 1st turn and if you can get in range.  

The O'Vesa star is stupid coz they let TAU Farsight ally with TAU empire to get the one piece of wargear that the Farsight mob aren't supposed to have the Buff Commander for ignores cover & re-rolls you then add split fire monster/tank hunter hit & run and interceptor and they will put the 3+ invulnerable on one of the riptides to sponge ap1 / 2 wounds as well as drones to soften any initial strike which is why the focus fire rule is so important as is also passing any precision shots onto  wounds on 3+ save Battlesuits so they can't take it on a 2+ model. Also note as far as I'm aware the Farsight bodyguard are all characters so can look out on 4+ but I'm not sure if that's empire or enclaves.

I hadn't played vs the two daemon players yet but I almost beat the tau player. Turn 5 I made a mad dash for objective to contest but the game continued. He the cheesy kind that puts (or tires to) put ovesa star on top of a ruins. I'd like to run full ravenwing but I'm just worried about the tau cheese.

Archived