Thoughts about Hellbrutes Dataslate formation?

Sn4k30r

Love the Mayhem pack. I run them basic with Melta, PF and Flamer. My Deep Strike rolls are usually pretty reliable and I've used Mayhem to good effect taking out opposing armor.

Cult is also pretty good as a screen or as a distraction.

Murder, I find less effective points wise.

I'm still short one Brute for the Deepstriking Pack. They seem like a bunch of fun deployed in the opponents backfield. They should at least make their pts back if they don't scatter too far. I'd be interested to hear any actual play expierences as well.

Now I have a plethora pf Hellbrutes I'm tempted to give them a whirl. 3 Hellbrutes with Melta/flamer in a mayhem pack formation seems an ideal way to throw a spanner in the works of enemy battle plans. I'd be tempted to do it twice over, 6 brutes, that might be a bit mad. I'm liking the idea of the Hellfist pack, essentially considering it a halfway between obliterator and Havoc squads. Yeah more expensive so less cost efficient, but will throw out more firepower especially with the controlled lunacy. Plasma Cannons and Missile Launchers would be rather effective all rounder IMO. 15 hull points in cover would be a pain to shift. One advantage over multiple havocs or obliterators is ironically it is one unit, throw Invisibility on it and they are virtually unkillable.

I've had great fun with the mayhem pack. 3 deepstriking brutes with meltas is enough to worry most opponents. I have destroyed a knight and various transports with this setup. The brutes are almost certain to be destroyed the turn after they arrive but at least that's firepower that isn't targeted the rest of your army, and if the brutes aren't destroyed they can wreck face in assault.

But there was the time they scattered horribly. That's all I have to say about that :(

Well I ran a Crimson Slaughter Helcult, so 60 fear causing, fearless cultists was nice, the cover save for the Helbrute was ok but the hatred on teh cultists after old Beefy got shot worked out well.

I think I might just run a cultist blob with a Lord instead, but I am very keen to try out a Mayhem Pack against the GK player im facing next week; im thinking 3 multimelta/powerfist to hurt his RazorBAcks and tie up his DZ until the maulerfiends get there.

I'm not much for the mayhem pack - unaided deep strike is the bane of my existence.  The helcult's pretty nice though.  I didn't like the helfist in 6th, and I think it's still too pricey in 7th for it's actual offense, but the ability to camp an objective, and the increased durability thanks to the new vehicle damage chart, have me wanting to try it out.

The Helcult is alright. Fearless Cultists are good and most people don't bother shooting the Dread once they realise it has a 3+ save. Plus, Cultists aren't so much of a push over with a Dread backing them up.

I tried it with a Multi-Melta Dread but I'd switch it out for the auto cannon & just camp backfield/mid table objectives as best as the insane Dread allows.

Archived