Honor Guard

Theduke08

Greetings Brothers,

One thing that ive been thinking about with the impending release of our new codex is will our honor guard come with the options for artificer armor and will the option for jump packs remain?  I for one would love the option for artificer armor on honor guard even though we have our sanguinary guard.  Whats everyones take on this?  

I can't imagine they would take jump packs away from BA honor guard (what self respecting BA would join the Honor Guard at the expense of his jump pack? tongue.png ). The main thing I want, and I'm sure a lot of people are also counting the days, is our point to become equal, relative to all the other marine armies (i.e. Tacticals and ASM becoming less expensive). If Honor Guard points come a bit more in line, they could be extremely competitive. Right now, I think they are just too high of a premium for what they bring to the table (literally).

Blood angels honour guards have always been different from codex honour guards. I dont think GW will change them because quite frankly, why should they?

Likewise our skill and reliance on jump packs is a true blood angel thing. Dont see them taking that away for any particular reason...

Now honour guard with AA and jumppacks? Oh yea..... I want a slice of that pie :D

Blood angels honour guards have always been different from codex honour guards. I dont think GW will change them because quite frankly, why should they?

Likewise our skill and reliance on jump packs is a true blood angel thing. Dont see them taking that away for any particular reason...

Now honour guard with AA and jumppacks? Oh yea..... I want a slice of that pie biggrin.png

Why would they? I don't know, because? Like, you know, from 3e Jumppack Honor Guard with Techmarine to what we now have, which is basically a soulless copy paste of the 5e SM codex? To make room for the Sanguinary Guard?

It happens. New models come, old units get shafted.

Can't see them getting access to AA, not with the Sang Guard about. It's the Captains whom I really want to get the shiney 2+ armour/jump pack combo.

....oh and cheaper DC jump packs....

....and character point reduction....

....and Dante to strike @ init...

....and, oh I'll shut up now.

Now honour guard with AA and jumppacks? Oh yea..... I want a slice of that pie biggrin.png

Why would they? I don't know, because? Like, you know, from 3e Jumppack Honor Guard with Techmarine to what we now have, which is basically a soulless copy paste of the 5e SM codex? To make room for the Sanguinary Guard?

It happens. New models come, old units get shafted.

Uhm.... No. Infact the techmarine is not a soul copy paste, the 5th edition vanillacodex techmarine could not have a jumppack infact. If you are referring to the fact that our techmarines arent in the honor guard anymore, very true. The box that they came with was also discontinued so unless you just happend to have techmariney bits lying around (or were good at converting) you would never be able to take the squad...

As for new squads coming and older options going. True to an extend but some things (weapon options like the baal predators or jump pack DC options) I dont see them taking away. Mostly because we have dedicated kits for those who are quite new.

Back to the original question.... I think its unlikely that we get both. No matter how awesome that would be.... And if we get it, its probably very expensive (terminator prices without an invul save....) at which point you might as well keep sanguinary guard. They at the very least also get powerweapons for the price included ph34r.png

Archived