Does Hatred confer to a unit?

Morollan

The rule for Hatred says

This rule is often presented as Hatred (X) where X identifies a specific type of foe. If the special rule does not specify a type of foe, then the unit has Hatred against everyone. This can refer to a Faction, or a specific unit. For example, Hatred (Orks) means any model with the Ork Faction, whilst Hatred (Big Meks) means only Big Meks. A model striking a hated foe in close combat re-rolls all failed To Hit rolls during the first round of each close combat.

This leaves me in two minds on whether it confers to the whole unit. On the one hand, it specifically says "If the special rule does not specify a type of foe, then the unit has Hatred against everyone" but on the other hand it says "A model striking a hated foe in close combat". It could also be a somewhat bizarre hybrid of the two where the rule does confer to a unit but only if the Hatred does not specify a type of foe.

Any thoughts, comments or opinions?

No, I would only models that have Hatred get it. It does not confer to the whole unit. The reason that is worded that way is because a character or one wound model(who is also a unit) may have hatred. That does not mean that a unit they join will also get it. Refer to Zealot where as long as a model in the unit has it is specifically states that the whole unit benefits. I

Archived