played my second game

Sans Mercy

Last night against a buddy's orks. 900 points. Took a full tactical squad with a sanguinary priest, sanguinary guard with a banner,and a 9 man DC squad with reclusiarch and rhino. He fielded 40 grots in a blob with 3 runt'erds, 17 ork boys in a blob, 5 ork squad, 3 defcopptas, and a warboss with two nobs for a retinue. He didn't want to play objectives so we just played Annihilation.

I'll pass on a formal batrep since I'm posting on a tablet, but the highlights for my BAs any way were: making a choke point with the rhino and TAC squad, destroying his warboss after his charge on my DC with merely a wound on the reclusiarch, charging the Tac squad into the grots after harrying the with bolter fire, and warcriming his 17 man ork squad with DC on the charge after which he conceded the game.

The lowpoint was the SG and their legendary horrible luck. A scatter moved me into the only nearby terrain for a casualty, two one's back to back on a plasma shot for another, and consecutive heinous charge rolls for a failed jumppack charge. Dookiness. I still plan on using them in the future here and there, cause they look great and us Blood Angels are vain.

I look forward to finishing work on my DC and posting them. I got the bug!

grote

Archived