Marked chars in Unmarked units

So I'm sure this has been discussed before but what is the consensus for joining multiple marked IC's into an unmarked unit?

eg 20 man unmarked CSM squad, then joining Lord with MoK and Sorc with MoT

the rules seem to suggest its fine as you only check the units mark, what say you?

I would think that the unit is still unmarked even when joined by an IC with a mark.

But I can see where it can be read both ways.

Even still it only talks about joining the unit. So what about if both IC start with the unit having joined simultaneously before deployment?

Would that not work regardless of the interpretation of whether you can in game or not?

Going by the fact that Abaddon can join any squad even though he is read as having all four Marks in the current Codex(And those four working together to create the Mark of Chaos Ascendant), the rule of thumb is, "If the unit has a Mark, then only ICs with the same Mark or no Mark can join it. If the unit has no Mark, then anything can join it."

I would think that the unit is still unmarked even when joined by an IC with a mark.

Even still it only talks about joining the unit. So what about if both IC start with the unit having joined simultaneously before deployment?

Would that not work regardless of the interpretation of whether you can in game or not?

If you have two IC with two different Marks, they can join an unMarked squad individually but not be in the same squad with one another. They can't join each other, so why would having unmarked scrubs around make them any happier with each other?

By that logic why would the powers ever work together for any reason? If they detest each other so much?

The powers have a dislike for each other but I see it more as a rivalry. I think it's perfectly fluffy that two opposing ICs would join a big undivided unit in order to try and prove their superiority in order to sway the minds of the undecided plebs around them.

By that logic why would the powers ever work together for any reason? If they detest each other so much?

The powers have a dislike for each other but I see it more as a rivalry. I think it's perfectly fluffy that two opposing ICs would join a big undivided unit in order to try and prove their superiority in order to sway the minds of the undecided plebs around them.

They're willing to work in the same army. Its just that in the middle of a battlefield, right next to each ither, well people die all the time, you know?

If you have two IC with two different Marks, they can join an unMarked squad individually but not be in the same squad with one another. They can't join each other, so why would having unmarked scrubs around make them any happier with each other?

Exactly. Each individual IC is a unit in itself. An IC of Tzeentch can't join an IC of Khorne, so both can't join a unit of unmarked CSM together. But they could do it alone.

Archived