I need your advice for an Eagle Eye color scheme test

I vote one arm.

Though as a sub-vote, I also vote brass trim on the coloured arm on the non-Veterans.

I vote one arm.

Though as a sub-vote, I also vote brass trim on the coloured arm on the non-Veterans.

When I tried that in Photoshop it looked super goofy. Better on black, not good at all on red.

Really like the one arm scheme.

Although I'd agree with those who've said don't do all the power fists red as it confuses the scheme (unless it's an Assault Sgt with a righty PF, obviously!).

Kinda agree with the comments about the brass on the coloured shoulder; what about as an alternative to doing all the trims brass, change the Tacs so they've only got the left pad with brass trim like all the other squad types? In fluff you could justify it as honouring the Chapter badge or something?

Really like the one arm scheme.

Although I'd agree with those who've said don't do all the power fists red as it confuses the scheme (unless it's an Assault Sgt with a righty PF, obviously!).

Kinda agree with the comments about the brass on the coloured shoulder; what about as an alternative to doing all the trims brass, change the Tacs so they've only got the left pad with brass trim like all the other squad types? In fluff you could justify it as honouring the Chapter badge or something?

Yeah, you'll notice the PF on the veteran is white. Also, on the assault dudes I changed the weapon casing to black because it was too much red. 

As for the arms, I'm thinking it's too dang hard to make it work right now. The pendulum swings both ways... I like it, but because of some of the stuff we've mentioned I'm concerned that it may never work. 

Sorry, was half asleep when I wrote my reply!

I would keep the red on the guns and eyes on all models as a spot colour but limit it's use elsewhere. I'm a fan of the coloured arms being used for squad markings, but you could lose the cohesion of the army with that effect. Maybe instead, have one arm wholly black and use the trim to denote what type of squad, similar to the old Raven Guard method?

Archived