Redwunzgofasta's Redwunz (Blood Angelz)

Firepower

Haha thanks very much!

deathspectersgt7

Cheers for another nice comment, I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your guys on your thread!

Gaweda

For a compliment you can have all my secrets! Haha, it's a base coat of Zandri Bust, followed by a layer of Ushabti Bone. I thin wash it with Army Painter Strong Tone, I then pain in the lines and edges with Ushabti Bone, and finally highlight the Ushabti Bone with Screaming Skull. Hope this helps smile.png

eckoning34 Demon2027

Thank you for the nice comments!

Dorns_fist

Thanks for the nice words! At this point in time I don't feel ready to try out battle damage with this project. I'm not saying I definitely wont, but I'd definitely need to trawl a lot of tutorials and project threads before I dare take a sponge to these guys! I'd probably have to blast a test marine with the basecoat and do a bit of practice before making a decision. So not right now... but maybe one day msn-wink.gif

I've added a tuft to the assault marines base but I don't think it's quite worth an update photo. I'll post another pic of him when I've made a bit more progress!

Redwunz

Brother Galfridus

Pin washing has totally changed the way i paint space marines, its great not having to cover a model in wash when all i want to hit is the recesses. Its makes it so easy to keep things nice and neat!

Unfortunately the orks never got posted anywhere because they were abandoned rapidly. I couldnt tune into painting gretchin skin and killed the buzz for that project before it really got started! And when all's said and done I just love space marines!

• 3 weeks later...

batuDarth MustardHexagon Sun

Thanks for the compliments!

Demon2027

A pin wash is when you apply wash into the recesses of a model that has first been given a coat of gloss varnish. The laws of paint magic mean that the wash tries to find the recesses itself and makes neatly painting wash into recesses very easy to achieve!

Battle-Brother Ludovic

I got my ball and chain fitted on the 19th of July and then went on honeymoon so I've had to neglect my little men for a few weeks! I had a couple of mates over for a hobby session today and I've cleaned up and assembled some parts for airbrushing. I've decided the next two space marines I paint will be tactical marines, and that I'm also going to batch paint the rest of the bolters for the unit. I've also decided that I'll batch paint the heads for the assault squad at some point to try to achieve a consistent colour for the yellow helmets. Here's a pic of my cutting mat at the moment...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f243/jonnyoliphantastic/IMG_2236_zpse1a87444.jpg

I've been playing around with different heads for my Games Day Blood Angels captain, because the one that came with it was a horrible failcast casualty. My mate gave me a mkIII crested helmet which looks quite cool so I'll leave it blu tacked in place for a while before I decide whether to make it permanent... Any opinions?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f243/jonnyoliphantastic/IMG_2237_zps96b0b041.jpg

Anyway, I've ordered an airbrush and compressor (I borrowed one for my first two models) and when that arrives I'll crack on with the next two guys. Hopefully I'll have some real progress to show in the not too distant future!

Thanks, it was a great day!

I've had the mohican head from the new tactical squad sat on the captain for a few weeks and it looks perfect. I'm just not very confident about painting bare skin. I'd be painting it seperately though so if I mess it up I could always get another. Maybe I just need to give it a crack!

keith

The red is an airbrush undercoat of Vallejo Surface Primer German Red Brown (amazing product, goes on so nicely!) followed by a few thin layers of Mephiston Red airbrushed at a 45 degree angle (much harder to get through the airbrush successfully sad.png). Then it's a pin wash of Army Painter Strong Tone and two line highlights, Wild Rider Red then Ungor Flesh.

I've changed some colours and a couple of techniques (out of laziness) but I've basically ripped off this tutorial, which was great to follow due to the really helpful pictures:

http://taleofpainters.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/tutorial-how-to-paint-blood-angels.html

Haha, I like your outcome better than the tutorial you followed msn-wink.gif Great stuff, might even try some of it for myself smile.png Also congrats on your wedding!

• 2 weeks later...

Voxxel

Thanks very much! Can't believe I've been a married man for a whole month, it's flown by!

I've made some progress in the last week or so, the main parts of the next two tactical marines are pretty much finished. I've been a bit less precious over them because if I ever want to get a playable army together I need to pick up the hobby pace a touch. The batch painted bolters are almost done, and the bases shouldn't take long, so I should have these two completed in the next few days hopefully...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f243/jonnyoliphantastic/image4_zps66dba7c1.jpeg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f243/jonnyoliphantastic/image5_zpse0b4748d.jpeg

Archived