Grail Bitz help

BadDice0809

Hey all. Still chugging away at my blood angels army, and its time to convert some sanguinary priests! I want two with power armor with jump packs and one in termie armor... my only problem is that I want to include some grails for their blood chalices. Problem: can't find any good bitz! Suggestions eagerly accepted

I had this issue myself for a good while, and couldn't find any good alternatives that I liked so I ended up converting a Grail from an Eldar Starcannon (I know, Xenos heresy..) but I think it turned out really nice, it's got an elegant, craftsman feel to it! It's on my Corbulo conversion Gallery page if you want to see how it worked out. No skulls but it fits the BA aesthetics I think. :) 

Good luck in any case and share your findings and progress! 

even i'm not a big fan, i have seen some conversion with a lego glass

here is an interesting comparaison

http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/at/at2/2010/9/19/4fdd920f0af4ed921b8ceaee9fa4abe4_19472.jpg

Haha that is my picture... I took it way back when folks were asking for comparison.  The Space Hulk grail if I remember was even bigger than the lego ones (which are too big imo).

The first couple are the Maxmini.eu grails I linked earlier in the thread.

A truly budget option that I used to make a large Grail for a Corbs conversion is two shoulder pads with the trim taken off and stuck together... needs scroll work to hide the non-symmetrical shape though msn-wink.gif

gallery_75178_9041_85280.jpggallery_75178_9041_78277.jpg

Did this too for my version of Corbulo and used some of the "wing" bits in the DC bits set to beautify it up a bit, looks awesome!

Try WFB trumpets and horns. Quick and easy one here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/279146-osss-world-eaters-of-skulls-and-scars-256-et-tu-brute/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3547070

The Blood Chaplain/Dark Apostle fella has one using the top piece of a Skeleton trumpet, and the stem of some axe iirc. Might not be impressive, but it works.

Perhaps even Bret Grail Knights ? Any plastic crests etc for them ?

Archived