No codex until february?

Shaezus

Alot of the Blood Angel release rumours came about after we heard about a Ork/BA starter set. A lot of people used this to speculate about a BA release (probably trying to make themselves look cool/credible in the rumour community).

So most of that speculation was based on a lie and most likely incorrect. Maybe we are still close to a BA release, but really there have been almost 0 concrete rumours surrounding a BA release.

Hopefully we will start to seem some more concrete rumours about the next release soon, but I won't be surprised at all if it's not blood angels.

I'd also call BS on the Blood Brothers rumour from a few weeks back, but you never know.

The latest rumors I've heard is that Space Wolves and Blood Angels will see a concurrent release, separate codices still, but they will be releasing in the same time frame this fall.  Also, the latest I've seen for a starter set is that they're just going to update the rulebook in the Dark Vengeance set.

So basically, who knows.

HAIL RUMORS ... as they brought us so much light into the grim darkness...after few frauds that Nafka has posted recently I do wonder how good his sources are, moreover (usually) some of the sources are in contradiction 

HAIL RUMORS ... as they brought us so much light into the grim darkness...after few frauds that Nafka has posted recently I do wonder how good his sources are, moreover (usually) some of the sources are in contradiction 

Frauds? Nafka is a rumor site. Says so on every post containing rumors.

I'm going to distract myself by modeling and playing until February(or whenever the new dex hits) and enjoy the one we have.

I love how everyone flips out because Natfka's rumors are wrong or complains about his sources. That's why they are rumors folks.

I've heard from a few store owners that GW sales reps said they are keeping Dark Vengeance. I'll be surprised if they do anything aside from including the mini rulebook.

February now? Who knows. One would think Space Wolves are before Blood Angels because they have a digital codex and the Space Wolves don't, but logic has never stopped GW before. Blood Angels definitely need it more IMO. Patience brothers.

I know it's been years already so we can wait a few more, and I agree with Mort that it may be better to be the third dex in than the first, but if it is february then that is a cruel twist for me personally, as the caledonian open is held at the end of january and I was hoping to be deep into the new dex by then.

My club is very active and the competition is friendly but fierce. There are even one or two big egos there, the type of folk who want to win tournies and have no loyalty to any faction other than the one which has the filthiest list.

But I play BA alone and always will (ok sometimes with IG allies), new codex or not. My 40k reputation is inextricably tied to that of the Blood Angels and I would have it no other way.

I think people often forget that when The Emperor created Sanguinius, he forged him to be not his executioner, not his spy, not his negotiator, but his replacement. Every Blood Angel has the blood of an emperor in his veins. I just hope when the new dex comes out, our enemies will know this too.

I just so hope they've got this wrong.

Not only does it say our dex is put back to feb next year but the new starter set / expansion is orks vs space wolves...no blood angels.

Rumours...sometimes you can ignore them, sometimes you can only hate em.

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/gw-release-schedule-adjustments-space.html?m=1

Is Voice of the Chaos Gods a reliable source (he seems to change his schedule prediction every 2 weeks or so)?  We will find out soon enough: He says the SW/Ork Starter Box release is this month.

40k Radio (including the podcast released last night), Lords of War, and Pins of War have all been saying Space Wolves are next up after Orks, and they've all been saying this consistently for months.  There is also some good speculation on an upcoming Sanctus Reach tie in for the two armies to start of a strategic marketing campaign by the Studio.  Fortunately, at the rate they've been doing releases recently, the Blood Angels should be along shortly afterward, perhaps with Dark Eldar in between the two for a Xenos turn.

As far as a new boxed set, these folks have also been saying that there won't be a new one, just taking Dark Vengeance and putting the new mini-rulebook in.  This was confirmed as the course of action GW is actually doing in a recent White Dwarf.

Best of luck,

V

40k Radio (including the podcast released last night), Lords of War, and Pins of War have all been saying Space Wolves are next up after Orks, and they've all been saying this consistently for months.  There is also some good speculation on an upcoming Sanctus Reach tie in for the two armies to start of a strategic marketing campaign by the Studio.  Fortunately, at the rate they've been doing releases recently, the Blood Angels should be along shortly afterward, perhaps with Dark Eldar in between the two for a Xenos turn.

As far as a new boxed set, these folks have also been saying that there won't be a new one, just taking Dark Vengeance and putting the new mini-rulebook in.  This was confirmed as the course of action GW is actually doing in a recent White Dwarf.

Best of luck,

V

I hope Lords of War Gaming isn't right.  In May they posted that the next 3 armies were Orks, Space Wolves, and Grey Knights.

That could push BA well past February.

Best of luck,

V

I hope Lords of War Gaming isn't right.  In May they posted that the next 3 armies were Orks, Space Wolves, and Grey Knights.

That could push BA well past February.

Yeah, I didn't want to mention that bit just yet.  We should know more by August, though, and that's only a month away now.  

V

I've been hearing BA are not showing up until next year for a while now.  Up next is supposed to be Wolves followed by Dark Eldar then Blood Angels plus a reintroduction of the starter set in there somewhere too to delay the BA's a little more.  New starter is just supposed to be dark vengeance with a new rule book, nothing more (I wish it was new and different, but this rumor seems the most likely to me) .  

Meh... we'll get it when we get it and no amount of wishlisting/rumourmongering/theorycrafting will make it appear any faster.

While it won't make it appear any faster, the rumor-mongering/theory-crafting does inform me that BA rules probably won't be changing in the next 6+ months.  This means I don't have to worry about my current modeling projects becoming obsolete any time soon.  (I'm sure many of us slow down projects on the eve of a new codex)

Beaten to it. However, it bears mentioning that this ties in to their Sanctus Reach ongoing campaign thingy. There's yet to be confirmation that this is a new starter set. There's also no guarantee that this means the Space Wolves will be getting a codex immediately rather than just some cool models (though it is likely).

Archived