DIY Belial bit checklist

Noxnoctis22

I'm starting my DW army and of course it's being lead by Belial but I don't have the model for him yet. The standard model that GW offers bores me and I'd rather kitbash my own. I'm starting a "checklist" of the parts I'd need for him and I was hoping people had suggestions of what bits might work best for each. I'm going to set him up with magnets too so I can have the SoS/SB, TH/SS and LC/LC loadouts.

BELIAL CHECKLIST
Base
Legs
Torso
Head
2x Arms
2x Shoulders
2x LC
Thunder Hammer
Strom Sheild
Sword of Silence
Strom Bolter
Extra Bits

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/149901-belial-conversions-showcase/?view=findpost&p=3243827&hl=%2Bbelial+%2Bconversion

The Search tool works wonders, and a lot of those posted show bits lists or are pretty obvious.

Steal what you like.

My own conversion with Hammer and Shield started as a Librarianin TDA.  

Paul

I think the most important part you have to think about is how do you like him to look like... What body do you prefere from those models GW, Forgeworld or 3ed party producers offer? Does he has to have a hood and/or a robe? If so, do you want them to be already on the parts you can buy or are you able to make them on your own? The link Pbenner has posted is very useful for inspiration but after all the only limits are your imagination, your modelling skills (or connections to sb. who has 'em) and your wallet msn-wink.gif

It will be hard, IMO, to get a dynamic stance for Belial to realistically use all three weapon load outs. One of the three weapon kits is almost always going to look a bit off.

I agree with Zepyrous, give us some idea of what you actually want your Belial to look like, it would be easier to make bits suggestions that way.

I plan to pair Belial with my DW Knights so I'd like for him to blend well with them. I was thinking of starting with the DW Knight Master model as a place to start. Some Forge World Terminator bodies but I'd only need one, not five.

I head the Terminator Heads from the Grey Knight models. I'd prefer a helmet over a face.

Use the bottom part of Command Flail of the Unforgiven as the base for the Thunder Hammer, use the top section of the Halberd of Caliban and some other hammer-like bit to complete the Thunder Hammer. Really want it to look menacing. Pair that with a DW Command Storm Shield, maybe add to it to make it unique to Belial.

For the pair of Lightning Claws the SM Terminator Assault Sgt ones look good enough but not 100% sold on them. The ones on Forge World's Tyberos The Red Wake are interesting too.

For the SoS/SB combo the Veterans Terminator Sgt Weapons bits look well but I'd like to improve the sword a bit, needs more to it.

Obviously any added DA bits or "flair" would be added where reasonable.

It will be hard, IMO, to get a dynamic stance for Belial to realistically use all three weapon load outs. One of the three weapon kits is almost always going to look a bit off.

It's hard but not impossible. I don't have access to any pictures of mine currently as I'm at the office, but with a customised set of lightning claws and the right pose for the main body, it can be done.

Those Legion Praetor models from FW are badass. If I could find just 1 model I'd love to use in for Belial, no real need for 5 of them.

I don't know which models you're looking at but the Legion Praetors are a pack of two. Sure, the power armoured model is no use for a Belial conversion but I'm happy just to have it in my bitz box for fture use.

As for lightning claws, the best ones I've seen come from the Chaos warlord plastic kit.

If you can afford the extra expense I recommend that you buy the cataphractii to convert to Deathwing Knights, then get the praetor set to make Belial a matching suit.

If you can afford the extra expense I recommend that you buy the cataphractii to convert to Deathwing Knights, then get the praetor set to make Belial a matching suit.

Extra expense he says...HA! It always seems like I'm spending more than I should with 40k but I do it anyway. I've already started with my DW Knights for the standard box set. Maybe I could use that idea in the future if I do a DW Command Squad. I'm leaving Belial for last so I can go back and forth a thousand times on what I wanna do.

I actually have 3 different models I use to represent Belial, given that he doesn't really need to have anything other than a more ornate, optionally robed, version of standard DW terminator equipment. So whichever ones aren't being used as Belial can just be command squad termies or sergeants.

For my "Belial" stand in, I used the sword that comes in the DWT/K/CS box. I also have used Grey Knight legs, DWK torso, one GK arm, the fancy DWT storm bolter in the new box, DWK pauldrons, the DWK "command wings" and a Grey Knight Paladin helm.

Can we take a vote of what Belial's preferred loadout is in 7th?

- Hammer / Shield

- Stormbolter / SoS

I only played him a handful of times in 6th. In 7th I haven't played him nearly enough. I just get this gut feeling (from other armies I play) he will be stuck in for a long time against 2+ enemies.

Anyone putting up a "Vote for Favorite Loadout" will probably just see a bunch of votes for Lightning Claws from smartasses like me.  

Load-Out is rather situational, but in my mind, taking him with a TH//SS is just asking to be jibbed.  My favorite way to run and gun Belial is to have him with his Sword and Stormbolter, and use the DW Champion to take challengers with 2+ armor saves.  2c.

Paul

This is what I think I'm gonig with for my Belial Checklist. Granted I could pick some options but trying to not break the bank on one figure.

Base, Legs, Torso, Storm Shield - DA Deathwing Knight Single Figure

Head - Grey Knight Terminator Head

Extra Arms - DA Deathwing Command Arms

Extra Shoulders - Assorted DA Terminator Shoulders

2x LC - SM Terminator Assault Sgt Lightning Claws 

Thunder Hammer - Command Flail of the Unforgiven + Halberd of Caliban + 2 SM Thunder Hammer bits

Sword of Silence - Grey Knights Terminator Nemesis Force Sword

Strom Bolter - Grey Knights Terminator Storm Bolter Arm

Extra Bits - DA Ravenwing Dreadnought Bits (for beefier shouder pads) 

Yeah I never quite understood why (other than for completeness) Belial has a LC entry.  You get a +1A but lose Master Crafted, and lose Fleshbane for Shred, while also losing the Precision Strikes/Storm Bolter, which while I've found to be pretty underwhelming, still has more of a chance of shooting an enemy than LCs do...

I'm most liking got to set him up with the DA Ravenwing Dreadnought Bits + Terminator Shoulders in the SoS/SB setup first, as that's his default. Then the TH/SS as we all know what the benifits from that are. The LC setup I'm doing just b/c it's an option not b/c I favor it when playing Belial.

Archived