Stormraven Disembarking

I can't seem to find an answer to this question: If a unit disembarks from a stormraven using Skies of Blood or Fury depending on Codex, it is said to use deep strike rules for placing the models. If the stormraven is equipped with a teleport homer and has been on the table for one turn, the unit would not scatter if places within 6" of the raven base, correct?

Correct.

So long as it's a version that can take a Locator Beacon rather than a Teleport Homer.

A Teleport Homer only works on models Teleporting (like Terminators) while a Locator Beacon works on anything friendly that's Deep Striking.

(See page 125, Codex Space Marines)

DftS contians the latest published rules for the Bangel and GK Stormraven.  And as such need to be used. 

Just out of interest, where does it say that you need to use the latest published version of the rules?

As I don't own, and never will own, DftS and I have a current, valid BA Codex with the most recent FAQ I think I'll stick with that version of the Stormraven. Anyone who doesn't want to play against that version is welcome to buy me a copy of DftS if they wish.

I recall, though I'd be challenged to prove it, the designers notes that accompanied Codecies WitchHunters and DemonHunters made specific mention that the entries in those books specifically superseded the entries presented on Codex: Assassins.

Of course, this begs the follow up of whither designers notes are admissible in rules discussions.

Archived