Third Legion Destroyers and Kakophoni

Snejk

I actually managed to finish some minis. 

One III Legion Destroyer squad and one Kakophoni squad.

My Destroyer squad. I'm pretty pleased with them. 

1st Destroyer squad

My Kakophoni squad. Also pretty pleased with them. I have another squad that needs paint.

1st Kakophoni Squad

They look great! Why the blue shoulder pads though?

Thanks!

The blue shoulder pads are for several different reasons. 

1: I didn't want monochrome minis. All purple gets boring. And I didn't want to use white or light grey as seen on FW's minis. 

2: I saw another guy paint dark blue pads on his EC marines, and I liked how the color went with the purple, so I decided to copy it. 

3: I figure I can use different colored shoulder pads as squad markings. 

Very tasty. Do have one question about your Kakophoni. Is that OSL on the sonic weapon?

If you mean Optically Stimulated Luminescence and not Offentlighets- och SekretessLag the answer is yes. unfortunately red is the only one I can do in a decent way. I think green could be nice as well.

But sonic weapons are sound based which doesn't create light. Sorry, just a personal bugbear I have.

Good to see you using other colours on them too. Most you see are the standard purple, white, black, and skin.

I figured it could be the lights from the radio tubes. And since the weapons have the Gets Hot rule in HH i wanted to show that in some way.

I can't take credit for the choise of colors. I knew i didn't want to use the standard colors, so i did some Googleing to find inspiration. I saw your Forge Fiend, and might use turqcoise on a future squads shoulder pads. If you don't mind.

But sonic weapons are sound based which doesn't create light. Sorry, just a personal bugbear I have.

Good to see you using other colours on them too. Most you see are the standard purple, white, black, and skin.

Well, just because the weapon emits/shoots sound doesn't mean its power source couldn't emit light... I can easily imagine noise marines pimp my weapon-ising their blasters...

Snejk - I really like both squads, but most especially the Kakophoni, I love the varied tones you've used on the purple instead of a single one all over...

I saw your Forge Fiend, and might use turqcoise on a future squads shoulder pads. If you don't mind.

Go for it. Works well with purple too. I know Captain Semper is throwing a few more colours on his HH EC.

Do have to say you have a great painting style so always do what you feel works right.

Well, just because the weapon emits/shoots sound doesn't mean its power source couldn't emit light... I can easily imagine noise marines pimp my weapon-ising their blasters...

Snejk - I really like both squads, but most especially the Kakophoni, I love the varied tones you've used on the purple instead of a single one all over...

Thanks player,

The base color i use is Naggaroth Night, and from there I mostly just try to shade with watered down Genestealer Pink and the purple Druchii Violet wash.

Archived