why is dark vengeance being changed so quickly?

ZONKEY

Dark Vengeance WILL NOT dissapear

I just saw new WD toady and on the back of it was written that we will see it back soon with new rulebook inside, I spoken with guys working in store and they sad that they will add some new stuff into this box to encourage DA and CSM players to buy it again, probably it will even continue story from first box.

Also new starter cost 75GBP and that price is supposedly be -50% OFF

Dark Vengeance WILL NOT dissapear

I just saw new WD toady and on the back of it was written that we will see it back soon with new rulebook inside, I spoken with guys working in store and they sad that they will add some new stuff into this box to encourage DA and CSM players to buy it again, probably it will even continue story from first box.

Also new starter cost 75GBP and that price is supposedly be -50% OFF

Continuing the story would be cool.

If they throw in new characters I might actually buy a second box.

once i finish painting the one i already have unsure.png

According to DA novella Librarian Tigurius understands that he will eventually die on this campain, so I expect that if they continnue the story we/Cpt. Balthasar might just get an replacement for this psyker

Which novella? I am currently re-reading dark vengeance after completing ascension of balthazar, trials of azrael, and pandorax. I want to go thru these in order before moving onto the ravenwing series.

Tigurius is the UM librarian right? Didnt know he was connected to the same story or maybe im seriously confused. Which happens quite alot at my age.

Hey no worries!

I'm just started re-reading Dark Vengeance I keep finding more short stories and novellas so I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything!

I like to read things in their chronological order, I suppose I'm a bit weird like that.

Probably why I gave up reading the HH books blink.png

You seriously expected a new model?  GW are doing the right thing and throwing in the overpriced Aspiring Champion model that hasn't sold well and so have tons of laying around.  Not that it won't also coincide better with upcoming Chaos releases.  

Not to side with GW (heaven forbid smile.png) but why should the set get new models...

It was pulled due to the out of date rulebook which has been replaced.

The models are excellent, well detailed, nice poses and convertible with a little work.

The set is well priced and reasonably balanced.

It has not been out for that long and now you get a bonus of another model. What is bad about it? msn-wink.gif

Edit: AND it is cheaper than Stormclaw which is just old sprues with a couple of new models thrown in!

Utterly dissapointed by lack of any, any new models

Cry me a river tongue.png

I am however once again tempted to snatch up one of the DV Chaplains and convert him into something a bit less treasonous than a Dark Angel...like a Word Bearer, for instance. msn-wink.gif

No, but really, it's still an awesome model. Just such a pain to shave the detail off of things like that cape.

Edit- Also, now that I take a second look, he's not in the re-release. Hm. The link above says something about "an extra Citadel miniature," but I don't see that either.

My son's love Dark Angels AND Chaos (one likes the DA, one CSM), so this is a win-win; I get the mini-book, they get the models.  Oh, and I did buy the sixth set when it came out, but I sold the models before they had an interest in it.

Archived