will the dark angels never get access to the storm Raven

ZONKEY

After reading the space wolves are getting access to the storm raven are we destined not to get it until our next codex in 4 years as I could be wrong but i feel we are the test codex for the actual space marine codex?

After reading the space wolves are getting access to the storm raven are we destined not to get it until our next codex in 4 years as I could be wrong but i feel we are the test codex for the actual space marine codex?

SW getting the SR?

Where?

However... We dont need the SR... Our flyers look cooler... on the shelf... :P

It feels that way, they denied us all the nice toys.

I mean I'd be fine with us not having acces to AA tanks, centurions, stormraven gunship and its smaller version if we had a terminator devastator squad choice :)
But hey, its GW for us

Like are brilliant flyer that doesnt know which thing to specialize against, ....let's give it heavy bolters for troops no wait ..lascannon for tanks no no it needs missile for light armourered vechiels

Like are brilliant flyer that doesnt know which thing to specialize against, ....let's give it heavy bolters for troops no wait ..lascannon for tanks no no it needs missile for light armourered vechiels

It's not the ugly weapon payload the Real issue...

We have a air superiority fighter that is better at taking down Ground targets than flyers...

I will be waiting quietly hoping they do give us the StormRAVEN. ;)

I do not have hopes... They made pur codex one year ago and thry didnt give while SM and SW are getting it...

And even if they Will give us (in 5/6 year minimum) I already bought a SE from FW and i Will not spend Money on a uglier Version called SR...

Too late GW... Too late...

I think that debating of it is pointless...

We all know that GW's codex conceptors change their mind every 3 days...

So before our codex is redone, they have plenty occasions to change their mind...

To me they just acted like that :

Created SR for BA and GK ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE THE CODEX ON RELEASE AT THIS PERIOD.

Then decided to expand to the SM because "flyers are cool".

Do not expand to DA because "they have 2 new flyers, like the vanilla"

Realised that none of those 2 new flyers had no transport capacity hence deciding to allow it to SW to not reproduce the same mistake...

Make DA wait until 2017 using the "unbound excuse"

In 2017 will grant access to DA (with the stalker/hunter)

In 2018 they will release the plastic thunderhawk and will forget to include it in the DA codex.

Repeat history

GW have shot themselves in the foot with aircraft anyway

They dished out skyfire/interceptor to TAU like confetti to the point no one takes AV10/11 planes in comps anymore ex riptide can overcharge its main gun to get 12 shots S6 Rending Skyfire - Interceptor range may be 36" but there normally big enough to cover all the board.

Yes, we are many times the testbed for SMCodex, yet we get stuff they don't have and vice versa. If we got all they have and vice versa there would be no point to a separate Codex, would it? We would be just green ultramarines with black whitescar bikes and bone-white terminators.

Yet the blood angels and space wolves and grey knight get it so they are not that worried about divergence on this unit, it appears its going to be a standard codex entry for a astartes yet we only seem to get it in the storm of vengance game

The deathwing are no longer unique as grey knights and space wolves can have termies as troops and I could be wrong but a bike commander in the marine dex makes bikes troops I am sorry for being negative I just feel though we are the first legion to be forgotten and not balanced correctly

I am only moaning because I care about my first space marine army that I ever owned

Deathwing areno longer unique? Can anyone take 5 TH and SS termies and stillput a missile launcher? Can any of those armies field bikes armed with plasmaguns standard? Do they have  a land speeder that dhrouds everyone else? 

WE have unique stuff enough... having a Storm Raven would open some other possibilities, but it is something we can live without.

Deathwing areno longer unique? Can anyone take 5 TH and SS termies and stillput a missile launcher?

Technically neither can we as standard as the Sgt has to have a sword and bolter ;)

But I know and agree with what you are getting at.

I remember and old pod cast where some of the early (6th ed) studio were being interviewed. In it they said they were afraid of going too far with units so early in the edition.

An example they specifically used was Chaos Warp Talons. (They are almost never used, too expensive, and lack basic requirements like grenades. They're special ability is extremely difficult to get off.) But it seemed in hindsight that they have been too conservative in some areas.

So I accept the Dark Angel codex fits in that category, and by the time they get to Blood Angels, or Wolves, it will be pretty juicy. I'm okay with this as long as it's priced accordingly points wise. 

At the end of the day I find a good number of DA players are using them for their special rules, not necessarily their top units.  DA still have a exceptionally flexible force org. Will the Wolves get this? I would doubt it. 

Unfortunately I can almost guarantee people will make direct comparisons between the codexe, which is almost unfair. I'm sure Wolves will have some top teir units in them, but aside from Logan's ability to take an elite as troops, I bet DA will still have the ultimate Super Scoring flexibility. (If that's enough to keep you happy is up to you.)

As far as the flyer, I agree with Snake... there are some very anti flyer options out there now. Not to mention 7th made the dakka Flyrant a flyer desrtoyer on glances alone. (I probably find that the most annoying unit in the air nowadays.) When you line up your army against 2 of those, most flyers don't stand a chance against those, even the Baledrake got turned down a lot. As far as I'm concerned in my current meta, I don't bother with the air anymore unless I'm spamming Croissant Wing.

Fact is that you always have to look at the codex as a whole. Not pick up units and compare...

And btw everybody was crying before the vanilla codex release, complaining about a possibly Lysander/termi captain allowing termi to be fielded as troops and finally there's nothing...

I wouldn't be surprised if finally the whole wolf guards structure is redone and the rules of Logan with them...

Finally, stop taking things personally : GW has nothing against DA and DA players... They only have problem with consistency

What I just wanna say is I get disheartened when reading our codex as I feel its being robbed and given badly thought out flyers in return

So, how do you move forward? Some constructive thoughts to make the Codex a little less "robbed" feeling for you? Use other units instead? Don't worry about Codex-Codex direct comparisons? Ideas for house-rule improvements to the flyers that would make them better?

You can get a Storm Raven while playing Storm of Vengeance...

Although you may feel let down by the game instead of our codex! tongue.png

Sanctioned by GW....

http://www.stormofvengeance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/W40K-SOV-Stormraven.jpg

If I could improve the the nephiulm would have anti tank/flyer and anti personnel version anti tank/flyer would have two lascannons and a cyclone missile bay, my anti personnel would have a 3 twinlinked plasma guns and the avenger mega bolter, I would give the land speeder vengeance the ability to move in the assault phase and I would give the dark shroud a item where you rolled dice to be able to see it

That picture is awesome :)

personaly i have no problems with not having the stormraven (dont like the model), stormtalon (hate the model) and centurions (my dislike for the models is such that if i ran into someone with DA painted centurions, i would stab them with the models. several times) laugh.png

lookwise im happy with our flyers (the nephi more than the other), they just need rules/points adjustments

Archived