Ann'grath the unbound

khurdur

brethren, I've recently bought and painted the forge world bloodthirster Ann'grath the unbound, and I've played twice in apoc and he's pretty unstopable short of massed grav fire.

Is he worth playing in a normal battle as a Lord of Battle in a normal battle?

Cheesy?

I'd do it in a quick moving army alongside maulerfiends, spawn, bikes maybe and a juggerlord. Against a heavy grav I'd fly him until spawn/fieend can charge and tie up the grav guns/cannons.

never in less that 1850-2k but yes you've paid out the khorne hole (or stole/pillaged/maimed for idk what you did) to get that sweet model so by all means use it as much as you can. He's a murder machine so id point and click and let the enemy worry about him while everything else goes for the "tactic" objective and such

I put together a funny list of:

LoW:

Ann'grath

HQ:

Fateweaver

Belakor

Heavy:

Tzeench Demon Prince w/ GoTN

Troop:

2x Cheap troops

Comes in around 2000 I think and is battle forged.

Use the GoTN wherever.  Hope the Tzeench dp can roll up cursed earth, if that is legal or if there were enough points to make him a psyker I forget.  Invisibilty on somebody to keep them alive and casting/killing.

The biggest downside is that there are not enough wounds and could easily be shot up.  Ann'Grath can be tarpitted, along with everything else.  There might not be enough turns to kill everything.

I miss Ann'Grath's old axe that let him keep rolling attacks for every 6 he rolled.

I've used him in 1500 point battles before and even vs a 1000 point army.

The key for me has been telling everyone up front about it.

I want to get more use out of the model so I said to my group that I will take on any 1000 pt unbound army with him or any 1500 pt battle forged list on his own.

It often ends badly but I just like an excise to use him more.

when it comes to lords of war, I do think that D weapons can still cause serious harm on it.

You still have an invul save and feel no pain against Grav weapons, not against D weapons

I've used him a few times, he's good just don't get him tarpitted, he seems like a unstoppable killing machine, but I've had situations where he didn't even kill an entire tactical squad..

D weapons allow invul saves on a roll of 2-5 for the D damage, thats why he's awesome now.

Well true he can be tarpitted, but it'll take a huge tarpit, and he has his D3 stomp attacks to help clear mobs out, and if he rolls a 6 on any of his stomp attacks the whole unit targetted is removed from play

Archived