Blood Talons Record Kills

Shaezus

Everybody who plays 40k and who has faced them - and at some point sooner or later they will - hates blood talon dreads, apart from us lucky few! :)

Every time I meet a new opponent and we're going through our army lists, just as I come to my death company blender and I'm about to launch into my speech on how they can wipe out an entire squad of marines as easily as they can an ork mob or tyranid horde in one turn, my oppo gets a deadly serious look on their face and interrupts with "yes, yes...I know!" :D

Anyway I saw something similar on some other forum ages ago and thought it would be fun to have our own thread here where we can keep track of spectacular slashy slaughterfests as they occur, inspiring fellow blender-users to further heights of frenzied whirring mayhem on the battlefield.

So please post your records here, or just share any memorable scraps your slashy dreads have been in.

My own record is reasonable: 22 kills in one round vs an ork mob, if I remember correct. Or maybe it was 22 wounds but 20 kills. Anyway what J do remember clearly was my oppo and friend turning away and starting to pack up as I went through the

"threes...twos...reroll...twos....threes...twos...reroll..."

over and over. Happy times :D

I actually can't remember the numbers, but numerous 10 man units of Marines. With and without divination I've killed and swept larger squads as well. Maxed out guard blobs, a 20 strong sister squad and an awful lot of gaunts. 

How does this work now? At some point wouldn't the dread be out of combat or range to attack?  The dread would only be able to kill things within the 2", the in combat range? I've never used a blender naught before it had been tempting me with the orc green tide formation coming out.

I think it works because the dreadnought was in range when you asked "who gets to make attacks," and you're still resolving the attacks for that one model. In that way it wouldn't be any different if your dreadnought just came with 40 attacks base - he would just make them all up front, versus getting additional ones for unsaved wounds.

• 2 weeks later...

DC dread and thump Prescience on it. Hits most things on 3s and kills on 2s re-rolling failures on both. 6 attacks on the charge, and it clocks in at S7 thanks to furious charge (though that's of minimal use unless you're attempting to blend T5 things). Regular Furioso has 1 higher point of WS and armour, but you're hitting most things on 3s anyway with the DC dread's WS5 and the DC dread has Rage and an extra attack base. It comes heavily under the category of 'impolite'.

Hm. Considering you have to take Death Company to unlock it, and the price of your heretical witchkin nonsense to buff him, that's not a cheap investment. Seems like wiping out 20 Boyz is the least he could do. laugh.png

But if you were planning on taking DC and psychers anyway, I don't imagine that tax really bothers you.

So if you take two of these things, and then give the 10 Death Company required to take them Jump Packs...hordes are screwed laugh.png

Of course, that's assuming they don't get blowed up first. Still, I wouldn't wanna deal with that using a Tide list. blink.png

In case you're interested: further reading

As for me, I still suffer from regular immobilisation results so I rarely get to use them to their full potential sad.png

Yikes, sorry! Am I forgiven for stealing your thread?!

I'm running a blender with a DC fisty and two fragiosos in an upcoming tourny, and because of this I'm told my list is filthy!?

I mean, as if three or even two wraithknights isn't filthy? Sheesh.

From my last test game it seems the blender is top target for much lovin' from the enemy, with the fister being held in less fear / loathing / general hatred and contempt. I'm going to milk the moment if I actually get to assault with the blender :D

I think the ideal delivery system for a DC dread is a stormraven. If I'm going to pod it in, I'd rather throw a fragioso that can net me some more kills before beign blasted, and can survive better. I guess dropping a DC dread and a fragioso will make it easier for the fragioso to survive, but the same can be said of dropping 2 fragiosos :)

My best tally was back in the glorious 5th Ed rules.

Multi charged 10 gene stealers and a hive tyrant with tyrant guard with my death company. Furioso then proceeded to evisserate the entire stealer squad and the tyrant and hive guard blew up from a combined death company and fearless rules.... It was glorious

In case you're interested: further reading

As for me, I still suffer from regular immobilisation results so I rarely get to use them to their full potential sad.png

Yikes, sorry! Am I forgiven for stealing your thread?!

Absolutely fine as my thread was dead anyway. Just thought you might be interested smile.png

Archived