Cato Sicarius, Infiltrate, Transports and Combat squads...

GreyCrow

Hey guys ! A quick question regarding Cato Sicarius and his Battle Forged Heroes rule.

Overall, it's a simple rule, but it becomes complicated when choosing the Infiltrate rule, dedicated Rhinos and Combat squadding.

Here's how the rule works :

1) Prior to Determining Warlord Traits : Choosing which units will combat squad, I choose 1 tactical squad that has a Rhino dedicated transport. (Combat squad A and B)

2) During deployment : I choose to give the Infiltrate USR to Combat squad A, both are deploying with the Rhino

Here's where the problem lies, because they are both allowed to start the game within their transport, the dedicated transport would be able to Infiltrate and I would be able to place it whererever I want on the board with the 2 Combat Squads inside.

But I'm not sure that works !

Because the Scout special rule gets conferred to the transport, it is able to Scout up with 2 Combat Squads. But what about Infiltrate ? The rule isn't conferred to the transport : it can Infiltrate along with the transport.

The easy way around is to not combat squad, but in the case I infiltrate a multi-melta/melta unit, I might want to disembark with the mobile combat squad and remain still with the multi-melta squad !

Cheers, and thanks for helping ;)

Archived